Numbers for the new players

1 hour ago, Drroogh said:

You should try living in the rural South! Usually an older woman who will wait and then have to pull half of what’s in her purse out on the counter to find her checkbook, then write the check and finally try and put everything back in, in the correct order so she will be able to FIND things! Then even after the transaction is complete, she will continue the nonstop conversation with the clerk about acquaintances, family, Church and.....

Bless Her Heart, is all you can say!

No...after she fills out the check she will find a coupon and then argue it applies to a product when it’s wrong size etc and then they accept it and give her the new total and she has to start over with a new check lol.

• Haha 3

Just now, IUFLA said:

I agree...

I think a lot of people know only the Celtics version of Larry Legend.

The ISU version was great. Those years were special.

I loved that team.  I was a young fan in 1976-1977 when he was a sophomore reading the stats in the paper and saw Larry’s averages of something like 30 and 13.   They were eye popping numbers.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, 5fouls said:

5fouls' Top 5 List of Things to Hate

• Divorce attorneys
  • University of Kentucky Basketball
  • Tuna Fish
  • People that wait until the $200 grocery order is rung up to pull out their wallet.  Did ya think you were going to get a freebie?
  • Male pattern baldness

If by "tuna fish" you meant the crap in a can, I concur.  If however you are including a good yellow fin tuna steak on the grill with a little blackened seasoning, then, we might fight.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, IUFLA said:

I agree...

I think a lot of people know only the Celtics version of Larry Legend.

The ISU version was great. Those years were special.

I've watched every video available on YouTube of Bird playing for ISU. There is even a short video of him playing in hs against Loogootee.  To me the most impressive thing about him was his passing ability.  

When I was a kid my dad would take me to French Lick to a place called the Bird Cafe iirc for breakfast and saw Larry a few times but was told to leave him alone. Larry was just Larry there. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

I've watched every video available on YouTube of Bird playing for ISU. There is even a short video of him playing in hs against Loogootee.  To me the most impressive thing about him was his passing ability.  

When I was a kid my dad would take me to French Lick to a place called the Bird Cafe iirc for breakfast and saw Larry a few times but was told to leave him alone. Larry was just Larry there. 

Bird had one college game, and I want to say it was versus Wichita State his senior year, but I'm not sure, where they triple teamed him all game. He only scored 4 points but had a boatload of assists and ISU won handily...

It was vs Bradley...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Bird had one college game, and I want to say it was versus Wichita State his senior year, but I'm not sure, where they triple teamed him all game. He only scored 4 points but had a boatload of assists and ISU won handily...

It was vs Bradley...

Bird would not have become the player he was if he had stayed at IU, he needed a bit of time to sort things out, and ISU was the right place at the right time. He used his time at ISU to grow his game, and confidence, in ways that no coach (including Knight) could have. I hate to say that because he and Mike Woodson would have won an NCAA championship together at IU, and Seeking6 would be Seeking7. Maybe 8.

Edited by Officer Obie
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Officer Obie said:

Bird would not have become the player he was if he had stayed at IU, he needed a bit of time to sort things out, and ISU was the right place at the right time. I hate to say that because he and Mike Woodson would have won an NCAA championship together at IU, and Seeking6 would be Seeking7. Maybe 8.

Maybe...Bird was a driven guy, so I think he still would have been a great NBA player, just maybe not with the Celtics...I do know that it would have been a contest of wills by 2 men who don't back down...Would have been interesting...

Like you, I do believe they would have won together though...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Maybe...Bird was a driven guy, so I think he still would have been a great NBA player, just maybe not with the Celtics...I do know that it would have been a contest of wills by 2 men who don't back down...Would have been interesting...

Like you, I do believe they would have won together though...

Bird and Bob Knight were not a good combination. Larry Bird was his own coach.

But I have no doubt that Bird would have been a great teammate at IU. Que Será, Será.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 5fouls said:

The crap in the can.  

I don't think I knew there was anything BUT tuna in a can growing up lol....or frozen fish sticks. You wanted fresh you caught it and fillet it yourself. Now I go to Publix or even some of the nicer grocery stores down here and it's amazing what is available. Made my daughter dinner fish sticks, mac n cheese, peas, and some apple slices and my wife acted like I was poisoning her. Guess I'm lucky I survived my parents feeding me lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/29/2021 at 7:52 PM, Steubenhoosier said:

Riding the Storm Out was my favorite 

Its offseason so we can discuss random things. Love the song you mentioned but my favorite REO song is "Tough Guys"  

My dad was intense, and the three things he loved most in this world, was me and my brother, IU Basketball, and REO Speedwagon.  

My brother came 8 years later. So for 8 years my dad gave me all he had to give. Had a great time. 

• Like 2