What high school?

rico

On 6/8/2021 at 6:17 PM, IUFLA said:

I've told this to @btownqb... Went to school with Mo. He was 2 classes ahead of me. Tough, tough dude...

I saw him knock 2 guys into one of those old accordion steam heaters during summer workouts in the wrestling room...

That Martinsville class of 1973 produced Moriarity, who is in thfr Indiana High School football HoF, but it also produced a Indiana High School basketball HoF coach...

Any guesses who that might be?

On 6/8/2021 at 2:50 PM, Joe_Hoopsier said:

You probably saw some of the scars I left on that building then !! :) 

Tangent Convo Side step... Back when I was in Jr High, Steve Bouchiee's sister was a Student teacher in one of my classes. I was a HUGE fan of his during his BB Carrier and the fact that she smokin hot (to a ~14 yr old boy) was just icing on the cake! 

I was in the same class as Steve Bouchie's nephew.  Knew Steves brother and sister in law pretty well back then.  Only met Steve a few times. 

Steve had a daughter a year ahead of me and she was total smokeshow. Never had the balls to ask her out. Steve was a big intimidating dude but a pretty nice guy from what I remember.  

• Like 1

@Joe_Hoopsier

You may like this. A local article about Steve Bouchies HOF induction.  Sam Alford, Steve Alfords dad, was a WHS graduate too.  Have met Steve Alford a few times, went to the same church as his grandparents.

https://www.washtimesherald.com/sports/bouchie-inducted-into-indiana-basketball-hall-of-fame/article_cbc00fa2-9d77-5668-9bbf-64813105c3b5.html

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

@Joe_Hoopsier

You may like this. A local article about Steve Bouchies HOF induction.  Sam Alford, Steve Alfords dad, was a WHS graduate too.  Have met Steve Alford a few times, went to the same church as his grandparents.

https://www.washtimesherald.com/sports/bouchie-inducted-into-indiana-basketball-hall-of-fame/article_cbc00fa2-9d77-5668-9bbf-64813105c3b5.html

DUDE... that is a great find article! It is bringing back memories of me (Bouchiee) whippin the crap out of my little bro (5 yrs the younger) in our brand new Nerf BBall goal hung from the closet door. To be honest, he was pretty soft competition... 

Anyway, it also reminds me that Steve is why I wanted a super curly perm. Dad was a total HELL no... No matter how bad I wanted it, looking back now though with my bright orange/ red hair, Dad was 100% TOTALLY FREAKIN WRONG.!  ! !   I would have rocked that Bouchiee Carrot top! (at 4'7") .  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

DUDE... that is a great find article! It is bringing back memories of me (Bouchiee) whippin the crap out of my little bro (5 yrs the younger) in our brand new Nerf BBall goal hung from the closet door. To be honest, he was pretty soft competition... 

Anyway, it also reminds me that Steve is why I wanted a super curly perm. Dad was a total HELL no... No matter how bad I wanted it, looking back now though with my bright orange/ red hair, Dad was 100% TOTALLY FREAKIN WRONG.!  ! !   I would have rocked that Bouchiee Carrot top! (at 4'7") .  

Lol, my dad graduated from Switz City in '79. Had a huge fro. Class president, class clown, 3 sport athlete obsessed with IU basketball.  But too poor to attend.

Also huge Steve Bouchie fan so much so after he married my mom, after a couple years of living in Bloomington trying to go to IU moved to Washington hoping to have a kid play in the Hatchet House.  I did for a couple years but moved on to football full time. My dad said I would regret quitting playing basketball and well he wasn't entirely wrong. A part of me does. Should have played harder. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

It took you 8 years to graduate from college?  😁 just a play on your username.  

Actually it did. In 1990 my Senior year I tore my ACL 2 days before our 1st basketball game. So my college plans changed.  4  months later my dad that had been absent in my life due to his alcoholism died of a heart attack. Early in 1990 he got clean started going to church was getting married and completely changed his life and we became pretty  close. I struggled with why GOD would bring him back into my life to take him away. So at that point my future waa very unknown. I decided not to go to college and work roofing houses and buildings. Hated it and realized my whole life all I ever wanted was to escape the cycle of poverty and be the first in my family to go to college. After 2 years of roofing I finally went to IU and my junior year I had a bad accident and had to go back home for 8 months. After all that long journey yes from my graduation to graduation was 8 years and I am not even a doctor.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, IUFLA said:

That Martinsville class of 1973 produced Moriarity, who is in thfr Indiana High School football HoF, but it also produced a Indiana High School basketball HoF coach...

Any guesses who that might be?

It's Mark James who won a championship at Ben Davis and now coaches at Perry Meridian...

14 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

1. My high school’s mascot is used by exactly two academic institutions in the country. The other is Southern Illinois University Carbondale.

2. We used to be in the same conference as the only Illinois school to compete in IHSAA. 

What’s my high school?

You are on the Illinois side of the border then.  There are no high schools with a Saluki mascot in Indiana.

20 hours ago, 5fouls said:

You are on the Illinois side of the border then.  There are no high schools with a Saluki mascot in Indiana.

On 6/16/2021 at 9:42 PM, mrflynn03 said:

Red Hill Salukis.  I only know this for 2 reasons, when Mt. Carmel joined the Big 8 I wondered where the hell that came from, and I've seen Red Hill teams in passing so when you mentioned mascot I figured must be it. 

You are both correct. Figured someone with a Big 8 connection would get it. 

Although we actually ventured across the border before Mt Carmel. We had a home-home series in football with North Knox in either 97-98 or 98-99. 

53 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

You are both correct. Figured someone with a Big 8 connection would get it. 

Although we actually ventured across the border before Mt Carmel. We had a home-home series in football with North Knox in either 97-98 or 98-99. 

A couple of my close coaching friends are from North Knox. 

46 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Already posted my FW roots here. IMO, this forum has a decidedly Southern Indiana slant to it.

Nothing wrong with that at all. Just the way it is.

Without having fans like you on the board, I wouldn't event think there were iu fans North of Indy.  I've only really passed through Fort Wayne, but have or had family in the South Bend and also Lake County.  IU does not exist there.  

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Already posted my FW roots here. IMO, this forum has a decidedly Southern Indiana slant to it.

Nothing wrong with that at all. Just the way it is.

I have to admit I haven’t lived up there in years and I actually live right across the river from Louisville now. 

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Without having fans like you on the board, I wouldn't event think there were iu fans North of Indy.  I've only really passed through Fort Wayne, but have or had family in the South Bend and also Lake County.  IU does not exist there.  

I grew up in Michigan City and there were quite a few IU fans and students who went to IU. It was just more diversified. You had a good amount of PU fans and ND fans as well.

• Like 2