What high school?

rico

23 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Graduated from Franklin Community high school 1975, but went to Martinsville High School for my first 3 years...

I lived in Franklin from 75-77 right behind Johnson County Hospital. Worked at 84 Lumber in Greenwood.

Edited by jefftheref
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, jefftheref said:

I lived in Franklin from 75-77 right behind Johnson County Hospital. 

I know the area well. Had a girlfriend that lived in a trailer park over that way. 

We lived in the duplexes right across 31 from Kroger...

Just now, IUFLA said:

I know the area well. Had a girlfriend that lived in a trailer park over that way. 

We lived in the duplexes right across 31 from Kroger...

I lived in that park and I remember the duplexes. If I remember correctly didn't they hold the Johnson County fair at the fairgrounds in Franklin? Remember the winter of 77 when it stayed below zero almost the whole month of January? That was the toughest winter I have ever experienced. The furnace in the trailer ran constantly try to keep that tin can warm. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Opened this up, and the first post I saw had the picture of Brad Pitt. Man, I miss Crester.

Started at Fort Wayne Central Catholic, and when it closed, graduated from Bishop Dwenger. 

I think of him, Mile and Snowling all the time. I still can't believe all three of those HSN stars passed within a few months of each other. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jefftheref said:

didn't they hold the Johnson County fair at the fairgrounds in Franklin?

Yes they did...

1 hour ago, jefftheref said:

Remember the winter of 77 when it stayed below zero almost the whole month of January? That was the toughest winter I have ever experienced. The furnace in the trailer ran constantly try to keep that tin can warm. 

I remember it well... I was working at a door and window factory in NE Indy. Metal quonset hut building of about 8,000 sq feet heated by 2 tiny heaters, one at each end. It was miserable. If you happened to hammer a finger, you didn't feel it til you warmed up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

I student taught there 1999.

You probably saw some of the scars I left on that building then !! :) 

Tangent Convo Side step... Back when I was in Jr High, Steve Bouchiee's sister was a Student teacher in one of my classes. I was a HUGE fan of his during his BB Carrier and the fact that she smokin hot (to a ~14 yr old boy) was just icing on the cake! 

• Like 1

Just now, Joe_Hoopsier said:

You probably saw some of the scars I left on that building then !! :) 

Tangent Convo Side step... Back when I was in Jr High, Steve Bouchiee's sister was a Student teacher in one of my classes. I was a HUGE fan of his during his BB Carrier and the fact that she smokin hot (to a ~14 yr old boy) was just icing on the cake! 

That's awesome.  I taught for John Chance and then did a long term subbing for Steve Reddenbaugh who played at IU 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

That's awesome.  I taught for John Chance and then did a long term subbing for Steve Reddenbaugh who played at IU 

I know them both quiet well. John is doing sports broadcasting wIth Tony Kale, a local radio celeb I went to school with. Steve is an awesome human ! His Daughter, Karen who also played bball for IUWBB is my Insurance agent. Was Chance still doing the Quiz Bowl when you were with him?

9 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

I know them both quiet well. John is doing sports broadcasting wIth Tony Kale, a local radio celeb I went to school with. Steve is an awesome human ! His Daughter, Karen who also played bball for IUWBB is my Insurance agent. Was Chance still doing the Quiz Bowl when you were with him?

Yes he was. I believe he was still head football coach. He and I went to the Sectional at Columbus North the night Big John Stewart died on the court. 

2 other great guys were Steve Bryant and Roland Fletcher 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Edgewood High , Ellettsville IN. 86' .

I hated playing on your baseball field...if I remember right, about a 10-12 foot high chain link fence. And always seemed to have a "high sky." I played left field out there and you couldn't see the ball come off the bat.

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Inequality said:

Steve Reddenbaugh, Ralph Haynes, Gary Anderson, Mike Reagan, Mo Moriarity all had influence on my childhood at some point. Some of my favorite people looking back

I've told this to @btownqb... Went to school with Mo. He was 2 classes ahead of me. Tough, tough dude...

I saw him knock 2 guys into one of those old accordion steam heaters during summer workouts in the wrestling room...

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Inequality said:

Steve Reddenbaugh, Ralph Haynes, Gary Anderson, Mike Reagan, Mo Moriarity all had influence on my childhood at some point. Some of my favorite people looking back

Reed May. Another Bloomington guy. WR at AZ.. HOF HS football coach. Played for him and coach under him now. 

• Like 2