• Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting.  It reminds me of a Larry David bit:

Owner of Club:  "Larry, you will get an answer in the mail, soon."

Larry:  "What, like in 2 days?  3 days?"

Owner:  "Soon."

Larry: "Yeah, but, a few days or longer?"

Owner:  "EVERYONE KNOWS WHAT SOON MEANS."

Replace "soon" with "indefinitely" and you're in the same boat here.

I suggested last week on HSN 3.0 that there might be an injury issue with De'Ron.  Been watching him since 8th grade, and to me, he just did not seem right. I also suggested that it could be the end of the season, before learning of a player, playing through an injury, and not finding out till after the season was over.  It has happened in the past at IU.  Now we learn what has been hampering De'Ron's game before the season ends. 

1 minute ago, milehiiu said:

I suggested last week on HSN 3.0 that there might be an injury issue with De'Ron.  Been watching him since 8th grade, and to me, he just did not seem right. I also suggested that it could be the end of the season, before learning of a player, playing through an injury, and not finding out till after the season was over.  It has happened in the past at IU.  Now we learn what has been hampering De'Ron's game before the season ends. 

I think we play it safe and let his whole body heal. Even if that means for the season

5 minutes ago, CampHoosier said:

Which very well could be true. But even Osterman was saying something was off before. 

Correct.  Issue aggravated itself in practice on Thursday.    Early speculation..... could be season ending injury.   I am in the process of checking on that. 

Just a few reminders.  De'Ron missed a couple of All Star games, after winning the Colorado State Basketball tournament.  And though he came to IU late, his freshman year due to having to complete a couple classes..... he also came with that injury.  Crean talked about it well before last season started.   This season, De'Ron left the Purdue game with a head injury.  However, after reviewing the game, I see that he went down very awkwardly.... twisting his legs as he went down.  To me, he hasn't been the same player since. Certainly not the player we saw in the Duke game. 

If this was a lingering issue then why did Archie call him out in the press conference a few days ago.  Instead of implying we needed more from Deron, why not say he had a nagging injury.  Something smells and if Deron was hurt at the time,  bad form on Archies part.

9 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Just a few reminders.  De'Ron missed a couple of All Star games, after winning the Colorado State Basketball tournament.  And though he came to IU late, his freshman year due to having to complete a couple classes..... he also came with that injury.  Crean talked about it well before last season started.   This season, De'Ron left the Purdue game with a head injury.  However, after reviewing the game, I see that he went down very awkwardly.... twisting his legs as he went down.  To me, he hasn't been the same player since. Certainly not the player we saw in the Duke game. 

we played Purdue already?

Just now, 5fouls said:

If this was a lingering issue then why did Archie call him out in the press conference a few days ago.  Instead of implying we needed more from Deron, why not say he had a nagging injury.  Something smells and if Deron was hurt at rtf he time,  bad form on Archies part.

My thoughts exactly, i think there is more to this

If we actually get to see Moore ( or even Tim Priller ?????????????)

P.S. Priller is a Senior who stuck with IU through thick & thin !! He had his best career game versus pee yew last season !! I do not understand why he does not get any playing time ?? IS he also injured ?? Before every IU Radio Broadcast , Don Fischer always says that there are NO INJURY problems !! With our lousy record ( anyway) , he deserves some PLAYING TIME in this his final season at IU , IMHO !!

2 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

Maybe Mile meant IPFW 

just revealed their new logo....Purdue University- Ft. Wayne.

Lots of controversy over the changes. I know faculty members who are definitely upset. 

They'll be sporting black and gold next year. 

9 minutes ago, hoosiertildeath said:

If we actually get to see Moore ( or even Tim Priller ?????????????)

P.S. Priller is a Senior who stuck with IU through thick & thin !! He had his best career game versus pee yew last season !! I do not understand why he does not get any playing time ?? IS he also injured ?? Before every IU Radio Broadcast , Don Fischer always says that there are NO INJURY problems !! With our lousy record ( anyway) , he deserves some PLAYING TIME in this his final season at IU , IMHO !!

He didn’t stick with IU through thick and thin. He should be extremely grateful that he has been on an athletic scholarship for four years. 

39 minutes ago, hoosiertildeath said:

Priller is a Senior who stuck with IU through thick & thin !!

Oh come on HTD. The kid is blessed big time. I think he wouldn't mind getting no playing time at all. If he did, he would've transferred a few years ago. He just wants good, free education and he's getting it. 

Archived