2023 PG Gabe Cupps Commits to Indiana

5 hours ago, Purdue7 said:

His team is really good.  

There were more 3's made in this highlight from one game then we have made all year. #24 on Cupps team is a player. Hit a bunch of 3's then i thought he was going to lay it up and he threw it down with 2 hands. Sneaky athlete. Maybe we bring their starting 5 here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Indykev said:

There were more 3's made in this highlight from one game then we have made all year. #24 on Cupps team is a player. Hit a bunch of 3's then i thought he was going to lay it up and he threw it down with 2 hands. Sneaky athlete. Maybe we bring their starting 5 here.

This kid was a made a priority.  IU went hard after him, even with interest from the kid that went to MSU.  They see this kid as a team changer.  No coincidence the next two recruiting classes have stud pgs who are winners and leaders.  

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

This kid was a made a priority.  IU went hard after him, even with interest from the kid that went to MSU.  They see this kid as a team changer.  No coincidence the next two recruiting classes have stud pgs who are winners and leaders.  

Newton fits that mold as well. Plays on one of the best teams in GA

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

No doubt - kid has so much talent.  Is he a natural pg?  Hope him and Banks are the start for many years to come, talent from that region.  

I wouldn’t say a natural pg… he reminds me of Jaden Ivey honestly (part of that might be the hair lol). Definitely is capable of playing point but 2 guard looks to be his primary position.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 02Hoosier said:

I wouldn’t say a natural pg… he reminds me of Jaden Ivey honestly (part of that might be the hair lol). Definitely is capable of playing point but 2 guard looks to be his primary position.

I thought you meant Cupps for a minute.

Newton is really explosive with a nice pull up and 3 pointer 

I might compare him to Carsen Edwards over Ivey.  

Cupps:  doesn’t jump off the screen like Newton or Banks athletically.  
good shooter and ball handler 

I think Braden Smith is more athletic but is 3” shorter.   I think both are 4 year guys who the fans will love 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...