2023 PG Gabe Cupps Commits to Indiana

12 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Im happy to say I'm no longer thinking this kid is just like 30 in state kids.  He's a straight baller.  Mr Basketball in Ohio as a junior.  That is impressive.  Dunking on a dude.  The shot is already there.  Seems way more athletic than the video from last summer.  

He's bringing Sheehey swag from day one.  

Add in, he is a true point guard.  Watching the tournament, you need an alpha point guard.  This kid is it.  

• Like 8

21 hours ago, Purdue7 said:

Both can fill it up!

I think Smith is a little more athletic but Cupps is 2-3” taller 

as long as they can defend…shooting & passing should keep them in the rotation 

Smith has really long arms and will likely continue to grow a bit. I wanted him at IU bad, but Cupps seems to be a kid we will be just as happy with. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

He's only going to get better but to me Cupps is Hulls with hops. We'll be just fine. 

I know this sounds crazy but in the wacky world of recruiting it does not hurt with Cupps relationship with LBJ whose relationship with Melo whose relationship with Woody all comes full circle and 5 stars begin to think IU is really cool. Like I said before some Olympic gold medalist in mens basketball will find their way to Bloomington this summer!! Twitter will love it

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I know this sounds crazy but in the wacky world of recruiting it does not hurt with Cupps relationship with LBJ whose relationship with Melo whose relationship with Woody all comes full circle and 5 stars begin to think IU is really cool. Like I said before some Olympic gold medalist in mens basketball will find their way to Bloomington this summer!! Twitter will love it

Can't wait to see it happen and thankful for any information you've shared or can share on it!