2023 PG Gabe Cupps Commits to Indiana

17 hours ago, Madison22 said:

A poster on Inside The Hall watched the game last week.  He thought Gabe had 11 points on 5 for 6 shooting.  No one can find a box score.

I watched the highlights.  Reed Sheppard was impressive.  IMO, he was the best player on the floor by far.

I watched the game. Reed Sheppard is the best High School shooter that i have seen in years. Cal will screw him up though.

3 hours ago, Indykev said:

I watched the game. Reed Sheppard is the best High School shooter that i have seen in years.

I like Gabe Cupps, and I'm glad we have him.

But Sheppard plays on a different level.  He scored 50 in one game, when the coach told him he had to score. 

Still, if I'm reading season stats correctly, Cupps shot 44% from distance, and had an almost 7:1 assist-turnover rate.

It will be fun to see what they both do in college.

1 hour ago, Madison22 said:

I like Gabe Cupps, and I'm glad we have him.

But Sheppard plays on a different level.  He scored 50 in one game, when the coach told him he had to score. 

Still, if I'm reading season stats correctly, Cupps shot 44% from distance, and had an almost 7:1 assist-turnover rate.

It will be fun to see what they both do in college.

Very happy to have Cupps dont get me wrong.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Madison22 said:

I think Sheppard is the better player, both now and in college.  He's just at another level.

Of course, I thought Steve Alford was too small and slow for the BigTen, so what do I know?

Cupps will have the bigger impact of the 2. Sheppard will get lost in the talent shuffle at UK.

35 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

Coaches son so he has already redshirted ?

He looks like the combo guards Purdue, Iowa or Wisconsin get. Highly skilled at everything but lacks top end athleticism.  Not everyone can be a Newton or Banks athletically 

Do not sleep on his athleticism.  I am a big Braden Smith fan and wanted him badly but Cupps is on a different level than Smith. Not a knock at all on Braden. He will be great for PU and will probably be responsible for at least 1 dagger in the hearts of IU fans but I am very happy to have Cupps

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Do not sleep on his athleticism.  I am a big Braden Smith fan and wanted him badly but Cupps is on a different level than Smith. Not a knock at all on Braden. He will be great for PU and will probably be responsible for at least 1 dagger in the hearts of IU fans but I am very happy to have Cupps

Yeah theres a reason cupps is a top 100 recruit 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

He is the epitome of a basketball player who understands the game.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...