2023 PG Gabe Cupps Commits to Indiana

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

This kid looks like he has some skill and could be a good one. 👍

Just be happy we might have a guy that can knock down some 3s. Been a long time since we had a knock down shooter…Hulls?? That’s a long time for a team in the state of Indiana.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

Just now, Artesian_86 said:

I was thinking the same thing. His jump shot reminds me a little of Steve Alford’s…..

Remember how Luke had that high energy burst of speed pull up jumper? That’s what initially hit home for me. This kids court vision, speed, angles and hops is so similar to Recker IMO

• Like 2

22 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

We've had some pretty elite shooters since Hulls. 

Blackmon was obviously very good…but not sure I just thought of someone since Hulls as automatic who took a decent amount of threes. I mean he was like 49% his junior year…and like 44% his senior. Type of shooter even his misses looked like they were going in. The way Cupps shoots…really get that feeling he will be similar.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Blackmon was obviously very good…but not sure I just thought of someone since Hulls as automatic who took a decent amount of threes. I mean he was like 49% his junior year…and like 44% his senior. Type of shooter even his misses looked like they were going in. The way Cupps shoots…really get that feeling he will be similar.

Hulls was certainly elite but so was Blackmon, Yogi, and Zeisloft at a minimum. Could make a case for a few guys that shot a lower volume after Hulls too.

Crean did a pretty good job of putting a lot of guys who could really shoot on the floor. 

• Like 2