Jump to content

2023 PG Gabe Cupps Commits to Indiana


Recommended Posts

A poster on Inside The Hall watched the game last week.  He thought Gabe had 11 points on 5 for 6 shooting.  No one can find a box score.

I watched the highlights.  Reed Sheppard was impressive.  IMO, he was the best player on the floor by far.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Madison22 said:

A poster on Inside The Hall watched the game last week.  He thought Gabe had 11 points on 5 for 6 shooting.  No one can find a box score.

I watched the highlights.  Reed Sheppard was impressive.  IMO, he was the best player on the floor by far.

I watched the game. Reed Sheppard is the best High School shooter that i have seen in years. Cal will screw him up though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Indykev said:

I watched the game. Reed Sheppard is the best High School shooter that i have seen in years.

I like Gabe Cupps, and I'm glad we have him.

But Sheppard plays on a different level.  He scored 50 in one game, when the coach told him he had to score. 

Still, if I'm reading season stats correctly, Cupps shot 44% from distance, and had an almost 7:1 assist-turnover rate.

It will be fun to see what they both do in college.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Madison22 said:

I like Gabe Cupps, and I'm glad we have him.

But Sheppard plays on a different level.  He scored 50 in one game, when the coach told him he had to score. 

Still, if I'm reading season stats correctly, Cupps shot 44% from distance, and had an almost 7:1 assist-turnover rate.

It will be fun to see what they both do in college.

Very happy to have Cupps dont get me wrong.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Indykev said:

Very happy to have Cupps dont get me wrong.

I think Sheppard is the better player, both now and in college.  He's just at another level.

Of course, I thought Steve Alford was too small and slow for the BigTen, so what do I know?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Madison22 said:

I think Sheppard is the better player, both now and in college.  He's just at another level.

Of course, I thought Steve Alford was too small and slow for the BigTen, so what do I know?

Cupps will have the bigger impact of the 2. Sheppard will get lost in the talent shuffle at UK.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Coaches son so he has already redshirted ?

He looks like the combo guards Purdue, Iowa or Wisconsin get. Highly skilled at everything but lacks top end athleticism.  Not everyone can be a Newton or Banks athletically 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

Coaches son so he has already redshirted ?

He looks like the combo guards Purdue, Iowa or Wisconsin get. Highly skilled at everything but lacks top end athleticism.  Not everyone can be a Newton or Banks athletically 

Do not sleep on his athleticism.  I am a big Braden Smith fan and wanted him badly but Cupps is on a different level than Smith. Not a knock at all on Braden. He will be great for PU and will probably be responsible for at least 1 dagger in the hearts of IU fans but I am very happy to have Cupps

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Do not sleep on his athleticism.  I am a big Braden Smith fan and wanted him badly but Cupps is on a different level than Smith. Not a knock at all on Braden. He will be great for PU and will probably be responsible for at least 1 dagger in the hearts of IU fans but I am very happy to have Cupps

Yeah theres a reason cupps is a top 100 recruit 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Do not sleep on his athleticism.  I am a big Braden Smith fan and wanted him badly but Cupps is on a different level than Smith. Not a knock at all on Braden. He will be great for PU and will probably be responsible for at least 1 dagger in the hearts of IU fans but I am very happy to have Cupps

He is the epitome of a basketball player who understands the game.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...