2023 PG Gabe Cupps Commits to Indiana

• 2 months later...
51 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Cupps has signed his NLI with Indiana!

Based on what we have this year and what's on the way with Cupps (and others) I feel like I don't have to worry about the PG position for sometime. Cupps is a bigger, faster, stronger Jordy Hulls who can shoot just maybe not as good as Jordy...yet.

Plus the kid is a gym rat. He waited to sign this morning until he got his work in. As always. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Based on what we have this year and what's on the way with Cupps (and others) I feel like I don't have to worry about the PG position for sometime. Cupps is a bigger, faster, stronger Jordy Hulls who can shoot just maybe not as good as Jordy...yet.

Plus the kid is a gym rat. He waited to sign this morning until he got his work in. As always. 

and LONGER. WAY LONGER than Jordy. 

Jordy survived because of his shooting ability, anticipation, and toughness. I never considered Jordy a PG, though. Cupps is a true 1. 

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, btownqb said:

and LONGER. WAY LONGER than Jordy. 

Jordy survived because of his shooting ability, anticipation, and toughness. I never considered Jordy a PG, though. Cupps is a true 1. 

We don't have numbers. We are positionless! Woody would be pissed if he read this.   😝

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Congrats to Gabe and his family. Congrats also to CMW and his staff. Another great addition. 

Job 1 for any offense - get the ball up the court and into your offense. Done and Done with GC. I do believe he is more than that and will prove it. He can shoot it. The only question I had was weather he has the size to defend.

The last report I came across said Cupps is 6'2 170, so by the time he suits up for IU he should be closer to 175 or more. Hulls was shorter at 6'0 and around 180.

• Like 2

Two really solid guards lined up but they need to add a big or two. Just not hearing much right now. Some visits and some speculation but I expected we'd have a big lined up by now. Not seeing any rumors about upcoming additions. Is it all coming down to the transfer portal to finish off this class?

• Like 1