2023 SG Joey Hart Commits to pUKe

What is he missing?

Even if his lateral quickness is only average he has things that you can’t coach 

could he be a better version of Kopp or Ryan Cline?

is he comparable to Galloway athletically?  

He compares to JB the Brownstown Bomber but 2 years older 

Edited by Purdue7
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

What is he missing?

Even if his lateral quickness is only average he has things that you can’t coach 

could he be a better version of Kopp or Ryan Cline?

is he comparable to Galloway athletically?  

He compares to JB the Brownstown Bomber but 2 years older 

IMO he just doesn't have that "dog" in him. He doesn't look to take over games and he needs to get much stronger....but as far as a pure shooter....at his size there aren't many better in the state. It's kind of deceiving because he just kind of floats around and plays effortless and then he just pops off for some plays. I think his competition really doesn't test him enough. Definitely a D1 recruit that will have opportunity to get in a weight training program somewhere and should be impactful....but I'd say he just needs to be more assertive....not just offensively but on the defensive end and especially on the boards. Playing 2A-3A competition and being 6'5 with those long arms and that athleticism...he should be getting a lot more boards and not standing around and watching.

On 2/25/2022 at 2:41 PM, dgambill said:

IMO he just doesn't have that "dog" in him. He doesn't look to take over games and he needs to get much stronger....but as far as a pure shooter....at his size there aren't many better in the state. It's kind of deceiving because he just kind of floats around and plays effortless and then he just pops off for some plays. I think his competition really doesn't test him enough. Definitely a D1 recruit that will have opportunity to get in a weight training program somewhere and should be impactful....but I'd say he just needs to be more assertive....not just offensively but on the defensive end and especially on the boards. Playing 2A-3A competition and being 6'5 with those long arms and that athleticism...he should be getting a lot more boards and not standing around and watching.

I’ve seen him live a few times too. I agree with this assessment. I think the motor is lacking at times. He has all the tools and at times he can dominate, but then in the same game kind of disappear for stretches. Not sure if it’s because he deferred to Hale last year and this year the Walters kid handles the ball a lot, but more assertiveness would help. Who knows like you mentioned, maybe he needs challenged more from better competition.

• Like 1

• KDB changed the title to 2023 SG Joey Hart
  • 4 months later...

Still rooting for this kid.  Good size.  Sneaky jumping ability.  Can shoot.  Lot to like.  I am surprised he didn't list ISU.  Maybe it's something bizarre with his former teammate who committed to ISU and then it didn't materialize one way or another.  But his other options don't seem to be good and he would be close to home and a great fit with ISU's new coach who would feature him.  Don't like his schools he listed.

Edited by BobSaccamanno

22 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Still rooting for this kid.  Good size.  Sneaky jumping ability.  Can shoot.  Lot to like.  I am surprised he didn't list ISU.  Maybe it's something bizarre with his former teammate who committed to ISU and then it didn't materialize one way or another.  But his other options don't seem to be good and he would be close to home and a great fit with ISU's new coach who would feature him.  Don't like his schools he listed.

I want him to go to USI…get some good local kids and get that thing humming down there.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
2 minutes ago, Common Sense said:

I wonder how much this is Kentucky misdirection to try to keep Reeves.  IMO we have one scholarship left and should save it for someone better than we already have or just not use it.  I'd take Reeves.  

No idea how serious this is, but Hart can light it up from distance.

11 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I saw him in the state championship game where he got 20 in the first half but disappeared in the second half 

1.  Opponent adjusted defense and made it much tougher for Hart and 

2.  Dad was suspended and in the process of getting fired.  Some pretty rough heckling from what I understood.

Tweet from Goodman had Rutgers involved as well.  Appears Hart may well get a power 5 offer despite lots of people here saying he wasn't good enough for IU.  Not saying he is or isn't but sounds like IU is at least kicking the tires.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

1.  Opponent adjusted defense and made it much tougher for Hart and 

2.  Dad was suspended and in the process of getting fired.  Some pretty rough heckling from what I understood.

Tweet from Goodman had Rutgers involved as well.  Appears Hart may well get a power 5 offer despite lots of people here saying he wasn't good enough for IU.  Not saying he is or isn't but sounds like IU is at least kicking the tires.

He has some unique skill sets that we certainly need. I just wonder if he wants to go somewhere that major minutes would be very very hard to come by for a couple years at least. Hard to believe he hasn’t committed somewhere as of yet. I was thinking he may go the midmajor route get some experience and playing time then move up in the portal.

Edited by dgambill

7 minutes ago, dgambill said:

He has some unique skill sets that we certainly need. I just wonder if he wants to go somewhere that major minutes would be very very hard to come by for a couple years at least. Hard to believe he hasn’t committed somewhere as of yet. I was thinking he may go the midmajor route get some experience and playing time then move up in the portal.

Doesn't sound like he's looking at mid majors to me...

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Doesn't sound like he's looking at mid majors to me...

Nope…I mean he was going to UCF…that isn’t a mid major. That’s Big12 so if anything this is a lateral move. Maybe he wants to be closer to home. Hard to say what the motivating factors might be.

10 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Nope…I mean he was going to UCF…that isn’t a mid major. That’s Big12 so if anything this is a lateral move. Maybe he wants to be closer to home. Hard to say what the motivating factors might be.

A family member insinuating it won't be IU or Purdue, but will be a big rival of IU.  Could absolutely be a smokescreen...just repeating what I've heard this afternoon.

• Thanks 2