Tommy McIntosh - 2022 WR/TE

Just now, PAHoosier said:

@btownqbI agree...if you're a TE prospect it would be hard to turn down Iowa.....their closing arguement only needs to be -- oh look at these pictures -- Hello George Kittle, TJ Hockenson, and Noah Fant. Having said that-- who wouldn't want to live in Bloomington and play for CTA

Hey I'm with you. As well as a 6'6 330lbs farm boy. Those schools have PRODUCED some OL.. OSU and UM too. 

But.. you're a DB, I feel like you're really giving IU a look. Man.. I've said it A LOT before.. this is fun. 

There may be history at Iowa but we’ve been featuring Hendershot nicely and we also have the alumnus on the Carolina Panthers.   There was a period before that where we didn’t feature tight ends at all.  But under Coach Allen we do.  We can sell a lot here.  Iowa has had some internal problems too. 

Oh absolutely -- IU has sent quite a few players from various positions to the league and have made an impact. I expect over the next couple years we will have several more -- maybe even end our 1st rd drought with Tiawan Mullen (and others).

I am so giddy with the direction of this football program. I wish i lived near Bloomington to be able to get season tickets.

1 hour ago, BobSaccamanno said:

There may be history at Iowa but we’ve been featuring Hendershot nicely and we also have the alumnus on the Carolina Panthers.   There was a period before that where we didn’t feature tight ends at all.  But under Coach Allen we do.  We can sell a lot here.  Iowa has had some internal problems too. 

Hopefully with a more normal offseason Hendershot will play better this year.  He struggled big time last year.  That drop against PSU would have cost us the game if we didn't have a miracle finish.

His highest receiving game last year was 34 yards.  In 2019, he had 9 games when he had more yards than that.  He was a beast against Tennessee that year until he got hurt.  Would love to see him rebound and position himself for the NFL.  The more NFL guys we have, the easier recruiting will be.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Hopefully with a more normal offseason Hendershot will play better this year.  He struggled big time last year.  That drop against PSU would have cost us the game if we didn't have a miracle finish.

His highest receiving game last year was 34 yards.  In 2019, he had 9 games when he had more yards than that.  He was a beast against Tennessee that year until he got hurt.  Would love to see him rebound and position himself for the NFL.  The more NFL guys we have, the easier recruiting will be.

Wow, I didn’t realize those stats.  I wonder if he’s was affected by some combo of Covid and his tumultuous off-season.  That might have messed with his head.  Hopefully he’s a man on a mission now.  It’s a “what have you done for me lately” world. Cannot rest on your laurels no matter what career you’re in.

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 1