2022 PF Kaleb Banks Commits to Indiana!

1 hour ago, Hippopotamo said:

I’m really excited for Banks to get to IU. I feel like he’s super underrated and doesn’t get the hype that JHS and even Gunn are getting. 

I'm pumped about him too, but I also think the hype differential is understandable when compared to a 5-star and an in-state kid. 

3 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

38% from 3 is respectable at his age for his size. 68% free throws needs some work. Sounds like he has great work ethic, so I like his chances to improve. Thanks for posting. 

38 from 3 for his age and position is very good for the amount of attempts he took. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

He shoots 38% from the 3 at 6’9? Nice.

Two years in a row, he did. 3.6 attemps a game as a JR, 4 attempts as a SR. 

There's something to work with for sure. And he, ideally, would be shooting a fair amount of wide open ones.. as the stretch 4. 

• Like 2

Highlights suggest he has a nice jump shot. I know, highlights. Still, when he gets the pass he's ready to shoot and there is no hesitation.

Banks may end up being the stretch four CMW needs moving forward. At 215 lbs it's likely he is more effective outside and in transition than posting up inside. What I can't tell is how athletic he will be in B1G play.

On video he looks very deliberate when he moves. Not slow necessarily but under control. I'd contrast it to Trey Galloway's frantic or herky jerky style where he looks like he's trying to run out of his skin.

If IU can land more of a bulldozer type who can match up with the other monster in conference it would make a great combination with Banks. That way you don't end up with another situation where the 6'8 215 kid has to bulk up and still gets mauled inside guarding the 6'10+ 250+ lb monsters.

1 hour ago, Euroclydon said:

On video he looks very deliberate when he moves. Not slow necessarily but under control. I'd contrast it to Trey Galloway's frantic or herky jerky style where he looks like he's trying to run out of his skin.

Completely off topic but this might be the best description of Try Galloway i have ever heard.  

• Haha 4

• KDB changed the title to 2022 PF Kaleb Banks Commits to Indiana!