2022 PF Kaleb Banks Commits to Indiana!

Are basketball players divas? Notre Dame football has 19 commits in their class. Indiana football has about a dozen. Football season starts before basketball season.

I wonder if this is just a college basketball problem in general. You can't wait until the last minute to commit and leave all the other coaching staffs to hang out to dry with no time for a a plan B. 

Edited by Sea Turtle

47 minutes ago, Sea Turtle said:

Are basketball players divas? Notre Dame football has 19 commits in their class. Indiana football has about a dozen. Football season starts before basketball season.

I wonder if this is just a college basketball problem in general. You can't wait until the last minute to commit and leave all the other coaching staffs to hang out to dry with no time for a a plan B. 

Why the rage?  

54 minutes ago, Sea Turtle said:

So you are wondering why football players commit earlier than basketball players? You answered your own question: "Football season starts before basketball season." Many players want to get their recruiting out of the way before they start their senior seasons so they can concentrate on just that. Football starts soon but basketball is still more than 3 months away.

Also, as far as the number of commitments is concerned, 12 in football is about the same as 2 in basketball from a percentage perspective. IU already has 1 commitment for 2022 and I wouldn't be at all shocked if there is 1 more before basketball season starts. 

Factor in that COVID really disrupted recruiting across the board and things will be out of whack for a bit.

So I don't see any problem nor any indication that basketball players in general are more likely to be "divas" than football players. You seem to have a preconceived notion that they are and are therefore looking for evidence to back that up. This is known as confirmation bias.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Sea Turtle said:

Football recruiting is a whole different animal.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Football recruiting is a whole different animal.

Yes it is. Also the football high school season is where much of the exposure comes from For basketball AAU is the big draw to get noticed.Many kids blow up late and don't want to miss out on opportuniites to be seen because you commit too early.

4 hours ago, Sea Turtle said:

About 15 of the top 50 recruits have committed.  And there's no guarantee those committed will hold their commitment.

4 hours ago, go_iu_bb said:

So you are wondering why football players commit earlier than basketball players? You answered your own question: "Football season starts before basketball season." Many players want to get their recruiting out of the way before they start their senior seasons so they can concentrate on just that. Football starts soon but basketball is still more than 3 months away.

Also, as far as the number of commitments is concerned, 12 in football is about the same as 2 in basketball from a percentage perspective. IU already has 1 commitment for 2022 and I wouldn't be at all shocked if there is 1 more before basketball season starts. 

Factor in that COVID really disrupted recruiting across the board and things will be out of whack for a bit.

So I don't see any problem nor any indication that basketball players in general are more likely to be "divas" than football players. You seem to have a preconceived notion that they are and are therefore looking for evidence to back that up. This is known as confirmation bias.

Also we technically don’t have the spots right now so we may end up over signing for 2022 and then players decide not to leave. As the season goes on we will know more of who wants to stay and go but I mean the coaching staff has only been here 5 months and we are questioning why they haven’t started over signing yet. Also it takes time to develop relationships with this kids. Some teams have been building relationships for years so it’s not just gonna be “ Hey, I’m mike Woodson and I’m a Jeanie in a bottle and I can get you to the nba by rubbing the magic basketball” people got their wish to get rid of CAM for once be patient and let the coaching staff focus on having a successful season.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Rosemond's relationships with the SE region will carry us this year. Fife will catch his groove with the 23' class. Shifting gears from pitching MSU to IU on the kids he'd already been in with would've been hard I would think. Hunter, I hope can catch his stride soon but I think he was leading our portal efforts. 

• KDB changed the title to Kaleb Banks (2022) Commits to Indiana!
20 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Boom! 6'8 kid that can play multiple positions. 63% from field and 40% from 3. Awesome catch Kenya! PS....Thanks to Road To Zion who said this back in May. 

Yasir was the guy that got IU in the mix with Banks. All the coaches had some involvement in the recruitment though.

• Like 5