Jump to content

Vince Iwuchukwu-2022


gnet550
 Share

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, Hippopotamo said:

It seems like a lot of seniors aren’t going to opt into the free 5th year at IU. 

I honestly don’t know the rules. I thought any kid who wants to play an extra year after paying his dues in a covid year can do so without counting against the scholly number?  Maybe not. 

Either way, I suspect we’ve got four or more kids who will opt to not come back after next year.  It’s pretty obvious that we expect to have spots  based on how we are recruiting.  I love the urgency to win every year now.  Woody has the NBA background where that’s the case and Matta and Fife have operated that way.  No more “let’s see how so and so has developed and maybe we can finish in the top half of the league if he got better” stuff.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RoadToZion said:

Give me someone like Flip over him. I personally think his 5* ranking is more on potential. Don’t get me wrong, he’s solid and may eventually turn into a beast, but I like a guy like Flip who will be more polished stepping foot on campus Day 1. 

Flip can play the 4. you take both because you need both.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I honestly don’t know the rules. I thought any kid who wants to play an extra year after paying his dues in a covid year can do so without counting against the scholly number?  Maybe not. 

Either way, I suspect we’ve got four or more kids who will opt to not come back after next year.  It’s pretty obvious that we expect to have spots  based on how we are recruiting.  I love the urgency to win every year now.  Woody has the NBA background where that’s the case and Matta and Fife have operated that way.  No more “let’s see how so and so has developed and maybe we can finish in the top half of the league if he got better” stuff.  

I’m pretty sure the extra scholarships was just for 5th year seniors this year. I don’t think that’ll be the case going forward even though everyone who played last year got a free redshirt out of it. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Indykev said:

Flip can play the 4. you take both because you need both.

Technically yes. But I’d be more content w/ Jalen Washington, Flip, Duncomb, Race, Geronimo, and Kopp as our 4 and 5’s. I don’t really know if we need a ‘Traditional 5’ in Woodys system. Just my opinion. This is also contingent on if players (Race and Kopp) stick around for more years. That being said, if Woody and Crew offer him there must be a good reason. 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, RoadToZion said:

Technically yes. But I’d be more content w/ Jalen Washington, Flip, Duncomb, Race, Geronimo, and Kopp as our 4 and 5’s. I don’t really know if we need a ‘Traditional 5’ in Woodys system. Just my opinion. This is also contingent on if players (Race and Kopp) stick around for more years. That being said, if Woody and Crew offer him there must be a good reason. 

There is always room at the 5 for a 7’ rim protector with soft hands. Not sure what our roster will be like but gotta think there is plenty of minutes for all those guys. Not sure if Race is graduating or not but we might lose both Trayce and Race. I’m sure we aren’t landing all of these guys anyways so it’s just a numbers game...even if we land one of them we should be thrilled.

Edited by dgambill
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...