Mothers…

Are the backbone of every family.

If your mother, mother of your children, or mother of your grandchildren is with us tomorrow… tell them how much you love and appreciate them. Hug them. Hug them over the phone if you can’t be with them. Let them know that they are why you are who you are.

If, like my mom, they are not still with us, raise a toast. Remember that they loved you. Remember that you will see her again! 

Happy Mother’s Day to all the mothers out there…Thanks, mom!

• Like 7

I had the best Mom in the world. Outgoing, funny, loving, never met a stranger, the best euchre player I've ever seen, and a fantastic cook...

Such a good cook in fact that when I went to kindergarten, she got bored and enrolled in a 6 week cooking school in downtown Terre Haute. At the end of the 6 weeks they invited all of the students' families to a pot luck. The guy that ran the school, a gourmet himself, told my dad, "your wife is a wonderful person, and truth be known, she taught us a helluva lot more about cooking than we taught her."

RIP Mom...Miss her a lot...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 2

I lost my mom when I was 26 in 1975. She was the kindest person I have ever known. She taught me to respect and love people of other races and cultures. So much of who I am can be traced back to her. I have missed her every day since she passed.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, cthomas said:

I lost my mom when I was 26 in 1975. She was the kindest person I have ever known. She taught me to respect and love people of other races and cultures. So much of who I am can be traced back to her. I have missed her every day since she passed.

My mom had a nervous breakdown about two years after and was never the same. Sure that your mom is waiting for you on the other side and will be the perfect version of herself for you 

• Like 1