All Time Teams for Other Big 10 Schools

36 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Scott Skiles has to be on my Sparty list. He's one of my favorite college players of all time. On a personal note...Tony Wysinger was our camp coach back in the day and he signed his autograph with Alford in it for me because all I wanted to be was Steve Alford at the time. 

Fun topic and will think of others as the slow season hits. 

Yeah, but I consider Skiles a PG and the Spartans are good there, I think 😉

Every time I think of Skiles, I think of the wrap around pass he threw to Larry Polec in the NCAAs vs Georgetown...

• Like 2

7 hours ago, IUFLA said:

There's an excellent case for Cazzie...I tried to remain true to Center, 2 forwards and 2 guards, and Michigan is pretty stacked there...

Birdsong played at the University of Houston...

Oops, I had the wrong name. You’re right, it was James Bailey who you already have.  

It’s kind of comical what I did.   Indiana State with Bird played in the NIT in 1977 and 1978.  They lost to Houston and Rutgers by one point each in those back to back years.  Both teams had very good players.  Houston had Birdsong in 1977 and Rutgers had Bailey in 1978.   I remembered both teams were powered by studs but I got them backwards.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Yeah, but I consider Skiles a PG and the Spartans are good there, I think 😉

Every time I think of Skiles, I think of the wrap around pass he threw to Larry Polec in the NCAAs vs Georgetown...

Exactly the image I see as well. That and him telling Joubert come on fat a--.....show me what you got. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, IUFLA said:

😉......

Yep, me too.  One of the most memorable feeds I have ever seen.  I have to watch it in replay & slo-mo to fully appreciate it.

• Like 1