Minnesota post game thread

2 hours ago, PoHoosier said:

This post has some age to it.  How many sites would have removed such critical words of site admins in short order.  The fact this post remains tells us of the freedoms we have at this wonderful site.  I salute, respect and appreciate the admins for the site they run and their oft times light banter.  It very much feels like friends and family here.

I believe you asked me to hold your beer before you posted that.  I'm afraid I finished your IPA, please forgive me. 

Stick around friend, its going to be an interesting season.

Very true and kind words. Thank you!

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

Which one of you is Tom Cruise and which one is Renee Zellweger?  :coffee:

That' our internal debate since we met. Kev and I are still debating this exact point.

I want to be the pretty one! But dang kev is so naturally gorgeous. Even with no make up. I hate it!

10 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

That' our internal debate since we met. Kev and I are still debating this exact point.

I want to be the pretty one! But dang kev is so naturally gorgeous. Even with no make up. I hate it!

I think you confused me with your girl.

tenor.gif?itemid=10336694

13 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Guys, Hoopster is a glass full kind of guy.  You will never get a good discussion out of him or a glass always empty kind of person.  They don't understand the concept of looking at the game and seeing bad, whether we win or lose.  They can't fathom that a fan would look at a game and be completely disappointed with the team and then turn around be happy with the same team 2 days later with a win.  They always see the good or the bad in a team no matter what.  Just ignore him and move on.  Once everyone does this, they can have conversations with themselves. 

Being a glass half full guy makes your life better and you are happier looking at things that way.  I understand when coaches look at things to work on even after wins but I never got it when fans can't look at things positively when we win.

3 hours ago, bluegrassIU said:

With this dang flu, you may have had better odds having me in the mod death pool.

Well, CC hangs out with Portugese prostitutes. So, he may be a good bet as well.

Okay, it took some doing, but Vegas gave me a line on this.

• Your flu came in at 7:1
  • Crester's Portuguese prostitutes will pay 4:1, however if one of them contracts the flu, the odds drop down to even money.
  • The field, consisting of Mile, DJ, IndyKev, Faithful, and Hoopster 'winning' for any reason is the early line favorite at 2:1

I'm a gambling man though, and won't bet anything less than 5:1.  So, I'm rooting for you.

6 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Being a glass half full guy makes your life better and you are happier looking at things that way.  I understand when coaches look at things to work on even after wins but I never got it when fans can't look at things positively when we win.

My post was about both sides.  I can look at the game and hate what i see on the floor, like the Wisconsin game, and was told to let it go.  But i also watched the Minn game and although ugly at time, enjoyed the win, liked what i saw from RoJo and Smith.  Just because you can find fault in something doesn't make it bad or good.  It makes it what it is.  I am happy we won at Minn, just like i never want to see the play we had at Wisc ever again.  I don't always have to look at the bright side of things.  Sometimes, you just say that sucked and move on.  As i mentioned in many other threads, i love the coaching hire, i think he needs 3 years.  I expect this year to suck, but that doesn't mean i have to hold my tongue and not have things to say about the way we play or how CAM coaches.  It just mean i thin we can do better.  But i will also give credit where credit is due.  Like McBob.  I was down on him early but after several games changed my mind and said he should get the start.

Just my thoughts like everyone else on any given day.

17 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Guys, Hoopster is a glass full kind of guy.  You will never get a good discussion out of him or a glass always empty kind of person.  They don't understand the concept of looking at the game and seeing bad, whether we win or lose.  They can't fathom that a fan would look at a game and be completely disappointed with the team and then turn around be happy with the same team 2 days later with a win.  They always see the good or the bad in a team no matter what.  Just ignore him and move on.  Once everyone does this, they can have conversations with themselves. 

I stand corrected.  I should not have called HH out specifically on this post.  For that i apologize.

Archived