Noah Clowney (2022) Commits to Alabama

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Ohhh...thought that was his commitment date. I mean, hey, it is completely alright if he wants to commit on his visit

'twas wishful thinking on my part.  I think the further he gets from his IU visit, the least likely IU is his choice.  I'd much rather be last if he does indeed take all of his visits.

2 hours ago, DLD2002 said:

Not to boast here, but I may have swung this young man to Indiana.  I messaged him "Indiana" on his IG page and he liked it.  Could be a good sign?

Thanks for all the hard work you put in to this recruitment. Woodson couldn't have done it without that Herculean effort.*

*Unless he doesn't commit and then you just scared him off!

Edited by go_iu_bb
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hoosierdave said:

No inside info but I think he’s ours to lose. IU and Va Tech have prioritized him the longest but his relationship with Coach Ya/potential for lots of playing time with TJD going pro I think seals the deal.

He didn’t have a prior relationship with Coach Ya. He’d never talked to him prior to the offer. That’s been a big misconception going around by some. 

3 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Young men doing work. In the end most just want to win and be a part of something bigger than the game itself. I love when players are unselfish and try to get other great players to join them. 

Yea his being there this weekend too says a lot to me. He wants Clowney on board for sure.  There is something really special happening in Bloomington. Something we haven’t seen for a very long time. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Between2Halls said:

Yea his being there this weekend too says a lot to me. He wants Clowney on board for sure.  There is something really special happening in Bloomington. Something we haven’t seen for a very long time. 

Just have to make it show up on the court. I have no doubt that it will. Its refreshing to just be excited again about Indiana basketball.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, DC2345 said:

He didn’t have a prior relationship with Coach Ya. He’d never talked to him prior to the offer. That’s been a big misconception going around by some. 

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-recruiting-hoosiers-offer-emerging-2022-south-carolina-forward-noah-clowney/

This article from April said Rosemond had trained Clowney before taking the IU job

• Thanks 1

Just now, IU Scott said:

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-recruiting-hoosiers-offer-emerging-2022-south-carolina-forward-noah-clowney/

This article from April said Rosemond had trained Clowney before taking the IU job

It’s not accurate. Clowney himself said he didn’t know Coach Ya prior to when IU first reached out. Clowney thought that his AAU coach knew him though.