Noah Clowney (2022) Commits to Alabama

I love the insider information, but I would guess it's all very speculative unless the source is the actual kid or an immediate family member. I would also guess some leaks are planted to see who's leaking. If nothing else, we're talking about kids here, their minds change and they are highly influenceable, in ways you might not ever know. Could simply be meeting a player he bonds with, who knows. It still amazes me how many people get angry about this stuff. Some on another board are already saying this is "concerning", like can we at least let the new regime play a GAME first before the negativity train starts up again. Winning is the elixir for a program. If they recruited all 400 ranked players and won, who would really care? And if you don't like rumors, why would you ever be on these boards?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

On Friday I was still hearing good things. Stayed away from all non family things until Sunday night. I was as shocked as everyone once I checked a few messages. I text a friend that confirmed NC was gone. We coukd not have been in a better position to land him. Like others have said almost every thing I hear from outbid state recruits are from people close to Indiana basketball.  In state multiple outlets for info. Hate to lose him but I won't stop posting what I hear and I always say what I think at that moment. If it changes so be it. 

I'm good with that and appreciate what you bring.

That being said, I'm pretty close to ignoring the recruit forums for awhile.  I can always catch up after a verbal.  It's kind of like Facebook...I looked today and I'm down to averaging about 11 minutes a day there.  I won't completely cut it off because I have friends and family I want to keep up with, but it's liberating to not feel chained to it anymore.  I'm ready to not feel chained to a bunch of kids who end up going to other schools.

@IU Scott, maybe you should join me in shunning the recruit forum for awhile...we can be "old school" together! 😜

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

That being said, I'm pretty close to ignoring the recruit forums for awhile.  I can always catch up after a verbal.  It's kind of like Facebook...I looked today and I'm down to averaging about 11 minutes a day there.  I won't completely cut it off because I have friends and family I want to keep up with, but it's liberating to not feel chained to it anymore.  I'm ready to not feel chained to a bunch of kids who end up going to other schools.

@IU Scott, maybe you should join me in shunning the recruit forum for awhile...we can be "old school" together! 😜

That being said, this is when I come around the boards the most, to get the pulse one way or another. Recruiting or hiring/firing are the most "forum" topics you get. The other times is to celebrate a big win. I stay away from the forums after a loss, when it's all gloom and doom, while others dive deeper into the abyss.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

That being said, this is when I come around the boards the most, to get the pulse one way or another. Recruiting or hiring/firing are the most "forum" topics you get. The other times is to celebrate a big win. I stay away from the forums after a loss, when it's all gloom and doom, while others dive deeper into the abyss.

Yeah...I mostly stay away after losses and let Mike & Sea Turtle cry on each other's shoulders.  Life is too short to go through it so sad and gloomy and I refuse to participate, so I'm much more productive after losses than wins

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't remotely blame anyone.  We are talking about some of our smartest posters in Billingsley and Road to Zion.  It's all good.  Nothing was inaccurate in the sense that he liked IU and our end thought we were in a good spot.  If anything, that is still insight.  I have no doubt that was 100% accurate.

Ultimately, just like we all experience at work, nothing is done until it is done.  Regardless of what business you're in, you cannot count on something until it actually occurs.  

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

It is time to move on and worry about players who already is on IU team.  Eight days and counting

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Not sure what changed or happened but oh well. If there's one thing I'm not worried about with this staff it's recruiting. If a kid thinks Bama is his best route over THIS staff? Cool...

Onto the next. 

See,….. that’s what I’m talking about! I know I may be looking through crimson colored glasses, but my goodness,…..how could ANYONE turn down an opportunity to play at Indiana University and for such a LOADED coaching staff as IU’s. Something tells me that in the near future when it comes to recruiting, Coach Woodson and Co. will be like “shooting fish in a barrel!”🤩

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Not sure what changed or happened but oh well. If there's one thing I'm not worried about with this staff it's recruiting. If a kid thinks Bama is his best route over THIS staff? Cool...

Onto the next. 

Nothing really changed.  He loved IU but Bama blew him away and Oats has been winning big.  Woodson hasn't coached a game yet.  Need to win big this season. 

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Nothing really changed.  He loved IU but Bama blew him away and Oats has been winning big.  Woodson hasn't coached a game yet.  Need to win big this season. 

Coach Woodson has been busy in the league for the last 25 years....I'll take that coaching resume over Oats and any flash in the pan all day long.

Honestly though with portal and other kids....talent coming to Bloomington isn't a concern. We'll get ours for sure!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Man, looks like Alabama had a monster day today getting a commit from 5 star Brandon Miller!!

Their recruiting class shot up from #52 to #10!!

WOWZA!!!

Football money making its way to BB.  I lived there and know a big donor. The guy owned 10 retail stores, not going to say which, the profit from 2 stores went to a coach in a big envelope. He used to say we haven't lost a recruit we wanted since Hershel Walker because Ga. gave him a corvette and 2 new blond girlfriends each month and we only offered him one.

They didnt get 2 5 Star and a 4 star recruit because Alabama is a hot bed for basketball....

• Like 2