Jump to content

Noah Clowney (2022) Commits to Alabama


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Thank you. It really stinks that some of our great legit insiders no longer post info because of how others react when things changes. Kids change their minds, people get in their ear, promises get made etc... and info that was credible yesterday isn't today and we have posters that can't accept it accept it and bash them

 It's a shame because those posters add a lot to our board and are misses by many but I don't blame them for sharing

Yeah, way too much interest in keeping score on accuracy vs. enjoying the insight for what it is.

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

I am posting this here for 2 reasons. 1 if it's accurate I can say I knew it and secondly if true it adds more credibility to one of the guys that gives me some info.

When a decision is made it won't be a big production.  Coaches will be notified then an Instagram post announcement on his decision  

Rabby reporting Clowney did not make the Bama visit,  been rescheduled and he.might come visit IU  again 

Also to add, his decision may be pushed back due to the cancellation 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Thank you. It really stinks that some of our great legit insiders no longer post info because of how others react when things changes. Kids change their minds, people get in their ear, promises get made etc... and info that was credible yesterday isn't today and we have posters that can't accept it accept it and bash them

 It's a shame because those posters add a lot to our board and are misses by many but I don't blame them for sharing

The biggest shame is that it’s the lurkers that never post and don’t contribute 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

I am posting this here for 2 reasons. 1 if it's accurate I can say I knew it and secondly if true it adds more credibility to one of the guys that gives me some info.

When a decision is made it won't be a big production.  Coaches will be notified then an Instagram post announcement on his decision  

Rabby reporting Clowney did not make the Bama visit,  been rescheduled and he.might come visit IU  again 

Be nice of he could come to HH on Saturday

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Thank you. It really stinks that some of our great legit insiders no longer post info because of how others react when things changes. Kids change their minds, people get in their ear, promises get made etc... and info that was credible yesterday isn't today and we have posters that can't accept it accept it and bash them

 It's a shame because those posters add a lot to our board and are misses by many but I don't blame them for sharing

I would also mention that a lot of the recruiting info that you and the others pass on from the IU side of things is mostly the feelings on the IU side of things. Like if they feel confident or not. This is good information to be passed but it is hardly definitive and is prone to error. To blame a poster for saying that their source feels confident that they'll land a recruit which they eventually miss on is ridiculous. Even the best sources at IU won't have 100% of the information on the recruit so they could have very good reason to feel confident yet be wrong in the end.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, go_iu_bb said:

I would also mention that a lot of the recruiting info that you and the others pass on from the IU side of things is mostly the feelings on the IU side of things. Like if they feel confident or not. This is good information to be passed but it is hardly definitive and is prone to error. To blame a poster for saying that their source feels confident that they'll land a recruit which they eventually miss on is ridiculous. Even the best sources at IU won't have 100% of the information on the recruit so they could have very good reason to feel confident yet be wrong in the end.

I agree with this and blame nobody for getting it wrong in the end, but I think where some posters have gotten frustrated / annoyed (including me) with certain posters is when they post absolutes that somebody is a lock, then they turn out not to be. I don’t THINK (40 yrs old, 4 kids… I remember nothing) I’ve ever said anything as I appreciate the info, but as petty as it sounds I think it’s all in how it’s said. 🤷🏻‍♂️ We do have posters that are still here that seem to be right a lot, but I think a couple others that don’t seem to be around much anymore were missing on everything in recent history. Don’t know if it’s fair to question somebody’s inside knowledge, but based on comments you could tell many were thinking that.  That may have been what they were hearing case to case but  “hearing” it and “stating” it are two different things. End of the day, nothing is set in stone until a kid announces it, then signs so we should all know that. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, ColtsIUDomer said:

I hope Clowney pops for us soon....AND I wish those above mentioned posters could start popping again. I really liked they're intel and views, I'm sure most people on here did as well.  Screw the haters. 

I agree with you . I still think it happens next week. I know Rabby was saying it would be delayed I am not getting that vibe

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Looks like Alabama is focusing more on other players than Clowney now. Expecting this one to pop soon (under my own judgement)

Did they cancel his visit or something? I know they have a 5-star PF on campus this weekend too. I noticed someone on Twitter said Clowney hasn’t rescheduled yet but maybe that’s changed since then. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

Did they cancel his visit or something? I know they have a 5-star PF on campus this weekend too. I noticed someone on Twitter said Clowney hasn’t rescheduled yet but maybe that’s changed since then. 

No idea, one of the guys I like for info on BTB, said Clowney is becoming a backup for Alabama. So something might’ve happened behind the scenes 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

No idea, one of the guys I like for info on BTB, said Clowney is becoming a backup for Alabama. So something might’ve happened behind the scenes 

I am guessing here that maybe Florida and Alabama know its a 2 horse race and are moving on. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

I am guessing here that maybe Florida and Alabama know its a 2 horse race and are moving on. 

I don’t know about Florida but he has always seemed to be a backup for Bama to me which seems odd to say.  They have two top 25 kids they are in good with.  If they whiff here or pass they better be pretty sure they are getting one of the two. Clowney I think will end up being great and would love the addition. Scores at all three levels and has a Bosh/Turner vibe to me.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • KDB changed the title to Noah Clowney (2022) Commits to Alabama

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...