Jump to content

Noah Clowney (2022) Commits to Alabama


Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Just thinking if he was going to commit this week we would see some crystal ball picks coming in.

Those can be double edged swords. Those that are or fancy themselves as “insiders” dont like their CB pics being wrong, so most won’t put their predictions in until it’s “captain obvious” levels of certainty. Where Clowney is keeping things close to the vest, nobody is willing to stick their neck out. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

You're probably right.  This seemed like the type of recruitment where if we were getting a commitment it would happen during the visit or immediately after.  

You could say that about his other visits as 

  Why is it bad for us if he didn't commit right after his visit here but it isn't for VT or UF.  Unless he really is blown away from his visit to Alabama and commits right away.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, IU Scott said:

You could say that about his other visits as 

  Why is it bad for us if he didn't commit right after his visit here but it isn't for VT or UF.  Unless he really is blown away from his visit to Alabama and commits right away.  

Agree. Other than Alabama, how is it worse for any of the remaining schools the longer it goes?

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The kid said he was going to take more visits and probably commit sometime in October! He did not say who he was going to commit to and didn’t say he was going to commit to Indiana so nothing has changed he is still open! Until he commits we have just as good of a chance as the other schools! 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Cutter said:

The kid said he was going to take more visits and probably commit sometime in October! He did not say who he was going to commit to and didn’t say he was going to commit to Indiana so nothing has changed he is still open! Until he commits we have just as good of a chance as the other schools! 

 

 

 

 

Yeah no reason to think that the longer this goes the worse it is for the Hoosiers. Like you said he was going to take more visits and probably commit in October, so i don't know why it would be bad for IU and not the other schools. 👍

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not getting upset over any recruit ever again. If they come great, if not ok. The portal has changed everything in my mind. Take a couple out of high school every year then get the rest from the portal. Kids that are ready to play and know what college is about.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Not getting upset over any recruit ever again. If they come great, if not ok. The portal has changed everything in my mind. Take a couple out of high school every year then get the rest from the portal. Kids that are ready to play and know what college is about.

 Yeah same here, they are college kids making a personal decision about their future so no reason to get upset about something you have no control over.

The only thing i am curious about are the people thinking that the longer this goes on the worse it is for IU, what made them jump to that conclusion lol. It makes no sense, why is it bad for the Hoosiers and not the other teams.

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

 Yeah same here, they are college kids making a personal decision about their future so no reason to get upset about something you have no control over.

The only thing i am curious about are the people thinking that the longer this goes on the worse it is for IU, what made them jump to that conclusion lol. It makes no sense, why is it bad for the Hoosiers and not the other teams.

 

I think it goes back to the fact that a few of the posters were so positive that Clowney would commit in the near future.  Posters see this and panic that since he had not already committed he will not come here.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I think it goes back to the fact that a few of the posters were so positive that Clowney would commit in the near future.  Posters see this and panic that since he had not already committed he will not come here.

You are probably right about this. 👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My thoughts have remained the same. I have wanted Clowney for months. I have felt good about his coming for weeks. The longer it goes, the worse it is for me as a fan. But I am not going overreact to any part of the process. My personal prediction is that he is a Hoosier. No info or anything. Just gut. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • KDB changed the title to Noah Clowney (2022) Commits to Alabama

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...