Jump to content

Noah Clowney (2022) Commits to Alabama


Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I rather recruiting goes back to the way it use to be when you found out your recruiting class on signing day.  I need to stop listening to so called insiders because they probably don't have that much of inside sources

They definitely have good sources but things change.  When they were expecting an early October commitment and that had long passed that should've been the first clue that we weren't getting him.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I want to be very careful here, I don't mean this to criticize the people that bring info to the board, and I hope all of those people continue to post as always. 

With that said, I challenge the premise that we actually have "insiders". By no means am I saying those guys are lying or anything like that, I believe they hear things, etc., I just don't think those things are all that real or close to the actual team. 

I share this every now and then, but when I was in the Celtics PR Department it was at the advant of fan websites, blogs and forums. So part of my job was to monitor that stuff, and I would literally gather around my desk with co-workers every so often and laugh out loud at what the so-called "insiders" on those sites were posting as if it was fact. 

Again, I love our posters that bring info, and I believe many of them have some type of connections and hear things, but I think those things are much more removed from what is really happening. It's like the telephone game and guys are pretty far down the line. 

Amen

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I want to be very careful here, I don't mean this to criticize the people that bring info to the board, and I hope all of those people continue to post as always. 

With that said, I challenge the premise that we actually have "insiders". By no means am I saying those guys are lying or anything like that, I believe they hear things, etc., I just don't think those things are all that real or close to the actual team. 

I share this every now and then, but when I was in the Celtics PR Department it was at the advant of fan websites, blogs and forums. So part of my job was to monitor that stuff, and I would literally gather around my desk with co-workers every so often and laugh out loud at what the so-called "insiders" on those sites were posting as if it was fact. 

Again, I love our posters that bring info, and I believe many of them have some type of connections and hear things, but I think those things are much more removed from what is really happening. It's like the telephone game and guys are pretty far down the line. 

Whether they are insiders or not, I believe there are people that post that have privileged information and knowledge of the general feeling of the program. If people get upset when this information is shared and it’s wrong, don’t get on here, go somewhere else. Don’t run off the posters that share the information they hear. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ledies22 said:

Whether they are insiders or not, I believe there are people that post that have privileged information and knowledge of the general feeling of the program. If people get upset when this information is shared and it’s wrong, don’t get on here, go somewhere else. Don’t run off the posters that share the information they hear. 

 

So how does regular people have this info.  It is how these guys co.e off as having all of these sources and I just don't believe it

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, IU Scott said:

So how does regular people have this info.  It is how these guys co.e off as having all of these sources and I just don't believe it

 

Okay. Then don’t believe it. Then you shouldn’t get upset when they’re wrong. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

So how does regular people have this info.  It is how these guys co.e off as having all of these sources and I just don't believe it

 

Who said they are insiders? Where is it said that certain people are insiders? I would like to know who or what is an "insider"....its called chatter,rumors or BS.....what is your definition of a source? I would think it would  be someone inside the walls of Assembly Hall! And i doubt they are on this board. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

May be a blessing in disguise, Woody has proven he can land quality players from the transfer portal and we may need an immediate impact player more than a long term player after TJD leaves this year.

Confusing pick to go Bama IMO. Less playing time potential and was the school least interested in him out of his top choices. Not to mention they are basically recruiting over him with Miller and Walker…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

May be a blessing in disguise, Woody has proven he can land quality players from the transfer portal and we may need an immediate impact player more than a long term player after TJD leaves this year.

Confusing pick to go Bama IMO. Less playing time potential and was the school least interested in him out of his top choices. Not to mention they are basically recruiting over him with Miller and Walker…

Usually would say that SEC money is involved but with the NIL that might lessen the possibility

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

What’s everybody saying on the other boards? 

 

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

The same

Of course.  Everybody is feeding from the same source here...Rabjohns.  No surprise the sentiment is the same.  Some of the same posters too, so there's a ton of groupthink going on here.  Doesn't mean it's wrong...just means that different forums really aren't different sources here.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

...and I tend to believe that the sources here are probably pretty good ones.  If this changed, it likely changed after the Alabama visit.  Makes no sense it would have changed earlier and I suspect the staff felt very good about this recruit...at least until recently.

That being said, I think Rabjohns is pretty well connected, despite the Darius Garland fiasco (which I'm sure made him even more careful).  The fact that he's leaning pretty hard toward Alabama is impossible to ignore.  Maybe it's a huge bit of misdirection, but if it is, sounds like Clowney has fooled a lot of people.  Based on everything I'm reading today, sounds like IU made a tremendous impression and nearly sealed the deal...until Alabama got the last word.  It is what it is.  I'm glad the staff is swinging for quality and I won't criticize them for missing since you can't get them all anyway.  Likewise, I won't criticize posters who bring perspectives at least somewhat close to the program when they are wrong and/or a kid changes his mind.  Again...it is what it is.  As I said earlier, I'm just ready to get past Monday and get to the season.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think all the talk about Clowney and him.going elsewhere got me thinking.  I know Geronimo isn't 6'10 but I can see him as a really good stretch 4.  I really think he is going to develop into.a very good players so he can cushion the blow of losing Clowney.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I think all the talk about Clowney and him.going elsewhere got me thinking.  I know Geronimo isn't 6'10 but I can see him as a really good stretch 4.  I really think he is going to develop into.a very good players so he can cushion the blow of losing Clowney.

According to Cavanagh he was possibly the best player on the court yesterday. 

And I don't know why everyone is overreacting.  Big men are overrated. 

 

Purdue+v+Indiana+_MFnuimjCEsx.jpg

Edited by dbmhoosier
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

According to Cavanagh he was possibly the best player on the court yesterday. 

And I don't know why everyone is overreacting.  Big men are overrated. 

 

Purdue+v+Indiana+_MFnuimjCEsx.jpg

Next year if Durr comes back and Duncomb develop lime we hope the 5 position won't be bad.  Still need to go into the portal to get another 4 or hope someone decomitt after coach gets fired.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, IndyHoosier22 said:

I challenge this entire premise, insiders should not have some magical shield that makes them immune to criticism.

we had people telling us for weeks Clowney was going to IU. Yes, he’s a high school kid and high school kids change their minds.

but when you make definitive statements, while knowing these are high school kids, you are setting yourself up for criticism. It is what it is, no one knows the full story but if you pass on wrong information it’s going to get called out regardless of what led to your info being wrong. 
 

Obviously no one needs to go for the throat and be an asshole about it, but if you attach your name to definitive statements as an insider, I don’t think it’s fair to expect no one to question you when it doesn’t hit. 

They aren’t giving their opinion. They are relaying information that they are hearing from whatever source that they have that may be within or near the program. And they do this month(s) in advance not two days before. If people can’t handle the speculations, they shouldn’t be on the recruiting forum reading anything that doesn’t say committed to their names. If we can’t handle the misses maybe we should wait for the crystal ball predictions to come out. People also complain that the crystal ball predictions don’t come until a day of or hours before. Which is it? 
 

I don’t want others ruining ruining what I enjoy, which is coming on here and looking at the talk and rumors of recruits. People have been chased away before. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • KDB changed the title to Noah Clowney (2022) Commits to Alabama

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...