Noah Clowney (2022) Commits to Alabama

9 hours ago, dgambill said:

If he stays I wonder if fans of other schools start thinking of him like we do of all Jordan Buchanan and all the other guys we hate who never seem to leave school?

I hope so. I’ve been wanting someone to issue some payback for Jess-F-@$!ing-Settles for two decades now. 

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Race technically can get another year, too. 

12 hours ago, Parakeet Jones said:

The extra year for COVID makes keeping track of this stuff more difficult. 

I'm not sure, but I think potentially every one of our players can come back next year...

Coach Woody isn't recruiting like that's the case, so I expect some roster shake up...we have 2 recruits in the fold, a 3rd deciding in a week, and 2 more interested...

Ought for an interesting off season next year...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I'm not sure, but I think potentially every one of our players can come back next year...

Coach Woody isn't recruiting like that's the case, so I expect some roster shake up...we have 2 recruits in the fold, a 3rd deciding in a week, and 2 more interested...

Ought for an interesting off season next year...

I've surrendered to the transfer portal and fully expect at least 1-2 players leaving every year. Hopefully that's to the pros but won't be the case every year. As you said...the way CMW is recruiting I'm assuming as many as 3 won't be back. Maybe more. 

Hopefully Clowney says yes to us. Could get pretty thin at the in position for 4 out 1 in offense.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ledies22 said:

294F974B-24FB-4B36-B49D-882F0A2ED65B.thumb.png.2eb0a62fe96001eabaaa64a35d5366cf.pngF7103798-78AB-4FA7-8D81-B3A498F84B99.thumb.png.38b5524e44e48133e456e9cc28c1f578.png

– Indiana – August 27
– Florida – September 3
– Virginia Tech – September 10
– Alabama – September 24

IU and VaTech seem to be the two standouts from the comments. Bama sounds like he's trying to justify them being in his top 4/getting an OV. FL doesn't sound good at all, but they do get to make their pitch on his OV.

Sounds like we're sitting pretty well with him, but VaTech and Bama getting the visits after ours is a bit troubling.

• Like 2

Well if he doesn't see the gaping hole we have (and importance) of filling Trayce's position I don't know what more could be said. We literally be losing (most likely) our starting 4 & 5 with one freshman backing up and maybe one senior (Durr) coming back. Talk about a huge opportunity! It's the best of both worlds. Play a position of importance and should have immediate playing time available for a former NBA coach.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, cybergates said:

– Indiana – August 27
– Florida – September 3
– Virginia Tech – September 10
– Alabama – September 24

IU and VaTech seem to be the two standouts from the comments. Bama sounds like he's trying to justify them being in his top 4/getting an OV. FL doesn't sound good at all, but they do get to make their pitch on his OV.

Sounds like we're sitting pretty well with him, but VaTech and Bama getting the visits after ours is a bit troubling.

I want the first visit always.  Impress any kid before anyone else gets a chance.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

I want the first visit always.  Impress any kid before anyone else gets a chance.  

Yep...seen enough kids cancel visits or covid/school get in the way...let's get him here first. NCAA could stop in person recruiting at any time.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 3