Noah Clowney (2022) Commits to Alabama

8 hours ago, Fundamentals said:

Paging IndyKev…where are your photos and updates on Mr. Clowney’s visit?  

Saw them in the carts on 10th but couldnt get the camera out in time.  2 carts, lots of coaches. Hot day in Btown, was a little distracted if you know what I mean. :coffee:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This all sounds great, but it's hard to imagine him visiting IU, then taking four other visits, then coming back to IU.  I don't doubt he's had a great visit, but does that ever happen...taking all five visits and then coming back and selecting the first school?

My intuition is that we'll know this week if Noah is going to IU.

49 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

This all sounds great, but it's hard to imagine him visiting IU, then taking four other visits, then coming back to IU.  I don't doubt he's had a great visit, but does that ever happen...taking all five visits and then coming back and selecting the first school?

I just went and looked at Romeo Langford and I believe in visited IU first and it was in the summer. He visited Vandy officially in the summer as well. He then visited UNC and Kansas in October. 

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

Yes, it happens.

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

I think it actually happens quite often.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I just went and looked at Romeo Langford and I believe in visited IU first and it was in the summer. He visited Vandy officially in the summer as well. He then visited UNC and Kansas in October. 

31 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

Yes, it happens.

1 minute ago, Hoosier51 said:

I think it actually happens quite often.

Guys...I'm not saying it doesn't happen.  I'll bet in situations where there are five official visits, if the first school doesn't get a commitment that cancels the other four, I'll bet the odds are less than one in ten that the first school is eventually chosen.

11 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Guys...I'm not saying it doesn't happen.  I'll bet in situations where there are five official visits, if the first school doesn't get a commitment that cancels the other four, I'll bet the odds are less than one in ten that the first school is eventually chosen.

I'm just saying, after reading your post the very first one I went and looked up was one where it happened. 

I'd actually guess the most often choices when there are 5 visits are the first school and the last school. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BGleas said:

Difference being, Romeo was an Indiana kid with a whole lifetime of knowing what it meant to be a Hoosier. Clowney doesn’t have that ingrained into his DNA. Don’t get me wrong, I would love for this kid to wear the candy stripes, but his recruitment is nothing like Romeo’s 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Difference being, Romeo was an Indiana kid with a whole lifetime of knowing what it meant to be a Hoosier. Clowney doesn’t have that ingrained into his DNA. Don’t get me wrong, I would love for this kid to wear the candy stripes, but his recruitment is nothing like Romeo’s 

I didn't say it was. I was responding that point that it is rare for the school with the first visit to get the commitment. 

17 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Overall not so sure the visit could have went much better. We were in great shape prior and nothing has changed. The sooner this one ends the better for us. Staff knocked it out of the park

Are you privy to some insider info?   😊  Or are you just feeling positive on a gloomy Monday?  😁