Noah Clowney (2022) Commits to Alabama

54 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

Sounds like his coach is really providing solid guidance. 

We could only hope for this..."Noah Clowney is the one that’s going to be spending these next three or four years"

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

As opposed to IU getting in the top 4 but the coach is why he isn't coming there. Wow...we just get some success on the court and match up a coach with our brand and I can't wait to see where recruiting goes!

I did not take it that way. I took it if Woodson not at IU no chance. I still LOVE our position as of this moment 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I did not take it that way. I took it if Woodson not at IU no chance. I still LOVE our position as of this moment 

I probably didn't write that very well. My post was meant to mean it is nice to have a coach getting IU into the kids top 4 as opposed to what I feel was happening previously with some of our coaches where IU's brand was getting our coach into a top 4 (but the coach not able to close the deal). I think we have an excellent shot at closing the deal! If Woody can get kids excited to come and visit(and that excitement will only grow with success on the floor)....Bloomington will help us close the deal when they visit.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 5

14 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I probably didn't write that very well. My post was meant to mean it is nice to have a coach getting IU into the kids top 4 as opposed to what I feel was happening previously with some of our coaches where IU's brand was getting our coach into a top 4 (but the coach not able to close the deal). I think we have an excellent shot at closing the deal! If Woody can get kids excited to come and visit(and that excitement will only grow with success on the floor)....Bloomington will help us close the deal when they visit.

I got you I probably did not read it well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iuswingman said:

so in other words, we had a really pretty cart but tried to pull it with a pony instead of a horse.

You just made me think of my high schools days where I would go up to Arthur Illinois for a Christmas high school basketball tournament that the Mennonite school put on and we would see soooo many buggies.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

As opposed to IU getting in the top 4 but the coach is why he isn't coming there. Wow...we just get some success on the court and match up a coach with our brand and I can't wait to see where recruiting goes!

I think he meant IU wouldn't be in his top 4 if we had another coach which is probably true

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I think he meant IU wouldn't be in his top 4 if we had another coach which is probably true

Yes, dgambill was saying that in the past IU would get interest from recruits just for being IU but then they would go elsewhere because of the IU's coach. In this case, the opposite was true.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

Not to get too cocky, but I think we’ve set him up to be underwhelmed with the rest of his visits.

Hes already completed his Florida visit and hasn’t posted anything on social media outside of a quick clip of him at their football game on Saturday.

We are squarely in the driver's seat barring something crazy 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1