Noah Clowney (2022) Commits to Alabama

10 hours ago, Coach Robby said:

This season (wins) will propel us in recruiting.  CMW has done an awesome job so far without coaching a college game yet.  His NBA pedigree will be so so attractive to high school recruits as well as portal players. Wait til we see TJD and Race shooting improvements. Rob being confident..Tamar coming here out of nowhere. Geronimo being an OG replica. Just wait. Loving football but ready for #iubb season 

TJD needs to mimic Julius Randall and Geronimo needs to be an elite defender and Phinese as Chris Reynolds and we could be very dangerous. Very

I'm not nearly as pessimistic on this one.  Nothing would surprise me, but I'm guessing no on Alabama because he set his announcement date before even taking his visit.  I'm guessing no on VT because if the rumors are correct, he was bored enough to text a member of IU's staff during his tech visit.

Could be all smoke and mirrors and misdirection, but I'd put money on IU before either of those two guesses.

2 hours ago, RoadToZion said:

Everyone chill. He's coming to IU. 

People get so worried and panicky off of the smallest things when it comes to basketball. Look I get everyone is passionate and wants our team to win but if he comes he comes if he doesn’t then I trust Woody will get someone talented and won’t settle for low hanging fruit like previous regimes. Parents,recruits, or people associated with a recruit look at boards like this to determine what they are getting themselves into. Do you know how silly we look by freaking out that he set an announcement date two weeks after you thought he might do it so now oh my gosh he must not be going to IU. SMH y’all these are high school kids and he’s one recruit. He’s not Reggie Miller who will be here to change our franchise for the next however many years. In the words of Aaron Rodgers R-E-L-A-X

• Like 6

3 hours ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

People get so worried and panicky off of the smallest things when it comes to basketball. Look I get everyone is passionate and wants our team to win but if he comes he comes if he doesn’t then I trust Woody will get someone talented and won’t settle for low hanging fruit like previous regimes. Parents,recruits, or people associated with a recruit look at boards like this to determine what they are getting themselves into. Do you know how silly we look by freaking out that he set an announcement date two weeks after you thought he might do it so now oh my gosh he must not be going to IU. SMH y’all these are high school kids and he’s one recruit. He’s not Reggie Miller who will be here to change our franchise for the next however many years. In the words of Aaron Rodgers R-E-L-A-X

Pot, meet Kettle 😜

There's just a better vibe around the program these days, so I am not as concerned about landing the top guys as I was with Archie. With Archie and really with Crean, it just seemed liked when we missed on guys it was a gut punch. I think with the coaches we have now, when we whiff, it won't be as "catastrophic" as it was in years past. Semi-long story short, I am not nearly as nervous or anxious about recruiting as I was the past few years. 

Edited by OGIUAndy
  • Like 5