Noah Clowney (2022) Commits to Alabama

30 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

I’m afraid Tom Allen is similar to the other Tom we had that coached basketball.  Hope I’m wrong and he’s just having a bad year

Even if you're right, if Allen's good years are as good as Crean's, you might be able to convince this old guy to put up with the bad ones after what I've witnessed over the decades in football.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, IUJoe said:

Even if you're right, if Allen's good years are as good as Crean's, you might be able to convince this old guy to put up with the bad ones after what I've witnessed over the decades in football.

Making the Outback Bowl is like making the sweet 16.  If Allen can do that 3 out of 5 years I would be thrilled.  Crean won 2 big ten titles and if Allen can do that he should have a statue outside Memorial Stadium

• Like 9

1 hour ago, IUwins0708 said:

I’m afraid Tom Allen is similar to the other Tom we had that coached basketball.  Hope I’m wrong and he’s just having a bad year

I came into the year with low expectations for the football team, but we do need to acknowledge that every team we've lost to has spent significant time in the top 10. We have a killer schedule, too soon to get down on Allen.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, HoosierDom said:

I came into the year with low expectations for the football team, but we do need to acknowledge that every team we've lost to has spent significant time in the top 10. We have a killer schedule, too soon to get down on Allen.

I still believe Allen is a great coach. Hopefully He will be making some significant changes to offensive staff this offseason 

49 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Refreshing to see a front line guy that can run the court and shoot the rock.  I get that it was highlights, but he looks very good.

Wasn't the Alabama visit this weekend or am I getting ahead of myself?

The good news, I think, is that the number 1 rated PF in the country is getting Alabama crystal balls. Doubt Clowney, at the same position, would want to join him. 

When it was a new trend it was probably cool and exciting, but these kids must now be borderline irritated when every school they visit wants to spend a couple hours of their visit with a full blown photo shoot of the player in their uniforms/warmups. 

I get as a player you probably want the images for the handful of schools you're seriously considering, but it's probably still a bit much. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, BGleas said:

When it was a new trend it was probably cool and exciting, but these kids must now be borderline irritated when every school they visit wants to spend a couple hours of their visit with a full blown photo shoot of the player in their uniforms/warmups. 

I get as a player you probably want the images for the handful of schools you're seriously considering, but it's probably still a bit much. 

Players like to see how they look in the uniforms but the amount and different kinds of photos is a little over the top.