New forum request.....

Mods,

Please here me out. I type this only somewhat tongue in cheek.

To the dismay of many, some, a few....okay, me...there seems to be too much conversation about the Smellermakers (where are ya' @HTD when I need ya'? ) and too big of a concession made to keep our resident Purdoucher happy. A prime example being that the very first topic on the Basketball Recruiting forum is titled that a kid committed to Purdue.

I propose that a new forum be created with the sole purpose of handling any and all conversations about said university. Only during game weeks would we taint the other forums with discussion about them. Any other conversation, and maybe we just let Boiler set up house there, would be relegated so the rest of us can choose whether we want to waste precious minutes of our lives reading nonsense, or as I say, stuff that "No one cares" about. 

Thematically, I would call the new forum "Plunge and Flush" a nod to Black and Gold and probably more descriptive of the drivel discussed about PUke. Given his penchant for the plunging meme, I nominate @FKIM01 to oversee the forum, essentially making sure we have no sewage leaking into the other threads.

I humbly request that you consider my proposal. Certainly, the donation I made for the maintenance of this board far surpasses the value of any content posted on this new forum.

Thank you for reading.

Steuby

Edited by Steubenhoosier
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Mods,

Please here me out. I type this only somewhat tongue in cheek.

To the dismay of many, some, a few....okay, me...there seems to be too much conversation about the Smellermakers (where are ya' @HTD when I need ya'? ) and too big of a concession made to keep our resident Purdoucher happy. A prime example being that the very first topic on the Basketball Recruiting forum is titled that a kid committed to Purdue.

I propose that a new forum be created with the sole purpose of handling and and all conversations about said university. Only during game weeks would we taint the other forums with discussion about them. Any other conversation, and maybe we just let Boiler set up house there, would be relegated so the rest of us can choose whether we want to waste precious minutes of our lives reading nonsense, or as I say, stuff that "No one cares" about. 

Thematically, I would call the new forum "Plunge and Flush" a nod to Black and Gold and probably more descriptive of the drivel discussed about PUke. Given his penchant for the plunging meme, I nominate @FKIM01 to oversee the forum, essentially making sure we have no sewage leaking into the other threads.

I humbly request that you consider my proposal. Certainly, the donation I made for the maintenance of this board far surpasses the value of any content posted on this new forum.

Thank you for reading.

Steuby

and with that post Steuby Wand Kanola, I spewed Keystone Light all over my puter screen.  Next time give a guy a heads up!  Too freakin' funny.  

I think a warning point should be given any time the word 'Purdue' is typed and not immediately followed by the the word 'Lost'.  See examples below.

'Purdue is in West Lafayette' = warning point

Purdue lost to Ball State today = acceptable.

When the word 'Boiler' is typed, it should be auto-corrected to an image of cow poop.  

Edited by 5fouls
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I think a warning point should be given any time the word 'Purdue' is typed and not immediately followed by the the word 'Lost'.  See examples below.

'Purdue is in West Lafayette' = warning point

Purdue lost to Ball State today = acceptable.

When the word 'Boiler' is typed, it should be auto-corrected to an image of cow poop.  

That's insulting to cow poop. 

• Like 1