Big Ten Arena Poll

7 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I’m obviously biased but I think it’s Mackey. Super loud and there isn’t a bad seat in the house. 

Yes you are obviously biased lol....we all are. The difference I think is that Mackey is like the only nice thing in West Lafeyette so it just feels special lol. Just kidding. It does make for a great game. I think the state in general has a lot of iconic college and high school arenas.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

Yes you are obviously biased lol....we all are. The difference I think is that Mackey is like the only nice thing in West Lafeyette so it just feels special lol. Just kidding. It does make for a great game. I think the state in general has a lot of iconic college and high school arenas.

Hey West Lafayette is miles ahead of Lafayette lol. It’s gotten significantly better even in the 10 years since I’ve graduated. High rises and new buildings everywhere. 

Edited by Stlboiler23

1 minute ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Hey West Lafayette is miles ahead of Lafayette lol. It’s gotten significantly better even in the 10 years since I’ve graduated. High rises and new buildings everywhere. 

Honestly i wouldn't know. It's been at least 20-25 years since I've visited...and yes...I'm biased lol

17 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I do gotta say that I golfed the south course there a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed it. And I felt dirty for enjoying it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

My wife's cousin from Southern Illinois was a regional manager for a large national bank that got transferred to Lafayette several years back. His wife almost immediately complained and he ended up taking a wealth management position down in Mobile, AL....think they live in Spanish Fort....she wasn't having any of Lafayette lol. I'm pretty sure he is doing just fine financially but I know he had to change his whole career path to get them out of there lol. Now...in full disclosure I've met him and his wife several times....she fits the martini by the pool wife to a T. Pretty wife, doesn't work, drinks waaay more than she should...so maybe it isn't all Lafayette's fault lol.

6 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

It appears the IU fanbase has found the poll and adjusted the world back into equilibrium.

In Purdue fan's defense...this is the closest to winning a final four as they will ever get (final 4 of B1G arena's)...so you can forgive how excited they would be.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I’m obviously biased but I think it’s Mackey. Super loud and there isn’t a bad seat in the house. 

People go there to watch Purdue play basketball, which by definition make all the seats bad ...  😁 

I've actually been to a game at Mackey. It was 1988 or 1989, I don't remember. An IU-Purdue game. It's a nice place, and it is very loud. I don't remember who won but it was a blast. I'm also guessing I was drunk as hell, but I don't even remember that. Oy vey.

*edit*   It was '88. Purdue won 95-85 and were ranked #2 in the country at that time. Purdue ranked #2 in the country, no wonder I was drinking...

Edited by Officer Obie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3