Colonial Pipeline

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/colonial-pipeline-ransomware-hack-and-gas-shortage-what-you-need-to-know/ar-BB1gCIcy

I know most of you aren’t affected, but here in Georgia! Yesterday prices went up $.20-.30 per gallon. I needed to fill up yesterday anyway, but today going home on a mostly rural state Highway commute, all the gas stations except one had bags on the pumps! And the one was rationing $10 maximum! Told my boss I have a enough to get me through the week but he might start thinking about me working remote next week!

Hopefully, they get things running again by the end of the week!

4 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

" You will buy an electric Vehicle, I tried to warn you Dave". 

Read that in your best 2001: A Space Odyssey , voice of HAL.

And what happens when Darkwhaterver attacks our electrical grid? And yes 2001 is one of my more favorite Sci Fi movies!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Resistance is Futile. Assimilation sequence mark 2...0....2......1

Ok so I jumped across decades. But to be fair, Hollywood predicted the cell phone.   

All humor aside, things are getting serious, and my best friend is Russian and I’m wondering if I’ll ever see her again?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Drroogh said:

All humor aside, things are getting serious, and my best friend is Russian and I’m wondering if I’ll ever see her again?

I fully hope and expect you will. I'm not tottaly sold that things are actually as bad as we are being told. I'm putting my faith in "All things will work out".

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

I'm sure people think I'm a "conspiracy theorist" a term developed by the CIA in the 60's, but anyway, some nefarious things are going on and I've kept my ideas no secret.  People wonder about WW3, well were in it. 

The cyber attack on the pipeline is just another volley.  Our infrastructure is being tested as well as our supply lines. 

Edited by mrflynn03
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

I'm sure people think I'm a "conspiracy theorist" a term developed by the CIA in the 60's, but anyway, some nefarious things are going on and I've kept my ideas no secret.  People wonder about WW3, well were in it. 

The cyber attack on the pipeline is just another volley.  Our infrastructure is being tested as well as our supply lines. 

Conspiracy theories be damned!  LOL  I shake my head every time an "oil crisis" rears it's head.  Geez, it has become a way of life during my lifetime.  This country has had 50 years to do something about our dependency on oil and yet here we are again.  

• Like 3

I've been following this story since it started. 17 states have now declared an emergency. The original thinking was everything should be on line in a few days and with many terminals at capacity, it would be a non issue. It is really the hoarding and panic buying that created problems so far. Now the biq question is how long will it last. It's supposed to be largely resolved by the weekend. You can look for gas here- https://tracker.gasbuddy.com/

Even though Kentucky is not affected, they are still hoarding-

2021-05-12_11-29-47.png?itok=nwSM87t1

1 hour ago, Reacher said:

I've been following this story since it started. 17 states have now declared an emergency. The original thinking was everything should be on line in a few days and with many terminals at capacity, it would be a non issue. It is really the hoarding and panic buying that created problems so far. Now the biq question is how long will it last. It's supposed to be largely resolved by the weekend. You can look for gas here- https://tracker.gasbuddy.com/

1200px-No_Smoking.svg.png

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Reacher said:

Having fuel in unapproved containers is 1 rule I dont deviate from and a major pet peeve. 

I also find panic buyers intolerable. Peak emotional weakness imo. 

Edited by mrflynn03
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, rico said:

Conspiracy theories be damned!  LOL  I shake my head every time an "oil crisis" rears it's head.  Geez, it has become a way of life during my lifetime.  This country has had 50 years to do something about our dependency on oil and yet here we are again.  

I don't want to get political but we were in pretty darn good shape as far as energy independence just a few years back.

I don't get this love for battery cars either. Electricity isn't free and people think power plants aren't creating as bad a carbon footprint as a gas car? The mining the precious minerals etc to make a lithium battery has it's own harmful effects (albeit in poor third world countries). Then you have the disposal of old batteries that are harmful...I'm all for clean energy but let's not act like electric is all upside. Besides...what do you do in California and other areas where you have rolling blackouts because the grid is already overloaded...but we got to keep adding more stress on the system. Anyways it's not a simple solution that is for sure. I do support one though as we all want to see our reliance on our enemies from everything from computer chips, medicine, and our energy is just dumb dumb dumb.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1