Michael Durr-Transfer

1 hour ago, PAHoosier said:

After watching that highlight reel, i get the feeling that he is a lot like Thomas Bryant. Looks pretty dominant down low but can also step back and hit a jumper

Athletically maybe...but no...if that is what you got from the highlights then I hate to tell you he is NOTHING like Thomas Bryant. He will step out and take shots (and miss them). Majority of his points came off dunks and put backs. His highlights are just that...highlights. I think he has good form on his jumper but he did not hit that at a high clip. His fg % has steadily declined every year at S Florida....from freshman on...because he tried to extend his game.

Biggest thing (besides his size) that helps is TJD can get a break without a monumental falloff.....and this helps us with loss of Brunk. Plus we don't have to force Logan to play asap if he's not ready. Really solid all the way around addition. 

Edit-Sorry board. Didn't see other thread yet.

Edited by Seeking6
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, PAHoosier said:

After watching that highlight reel, i get the feeling that he is a lot like Thomas Bryant. Looks pretty dominant down low but can also step back and hit a jumper

Think more along a Deron Davis comparison. He doesn’t have the motor, or playmaking ability that TB had/has. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I welcome him and his size but seems slow and likely good for 5 fouls and 5 mins against actual competition.  

I will give the benefit of the doubt to anybody willing to give up starter minutes to come play at IU. It's actually refreshing. He looks really big. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

I welcome him and his size but seems slow and likely good for 5 fouls and 5 mins against actual competition.  

And those are minutes and fouls not attributed to Trayce. Let this guy muscle up Edey, and any other big we’ll face this year. More important than the face value 

• Like 6

Not a fan at all but I will defer to Coach Woodson on this one to be honest.  Doesn't have the girth to be effective in the B10 and will be pushed around or in foul trouble from reaching.  When will IU learn that it not only takes 7' but 275+ lbs to be effective in this league???  Both Cockburn and Garza have been really effective in this league an no coincidence both are not only around 7' but both are around 275 lbs of MUSCLE and not TWEENERS!!!

Edited by BornHoosier
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

11 hours ago, BornHoosier said:

Not a fan at all but I will defer to Coach Woodson on this one to be honest.  Doesn't have the girth to be effective in the B10 and will be pushed around or in foul trouble from reaching.  When will IU learn that it not only takes 7' but 275+ lbs to be effective in this league???  Both Cockburn and Garza have been really effective in this league an no coincidence both are not only around 7' but both are around 275 lbs of MUSCLE and not TWEENERS!!!

Yes, it would be much better to have Geronimo backing up TJD. :coffee: I must have missed seeing Cockburn and Garza in the portal.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

11 hours ago, BornHoosier said:

This guy looks like a tweener!!!  oh my

On 5/17/2021 at 12:07 PM, Madison22 said:

Per his Twitter a few minutes ago - committed.

E1mc20uXsAIZ33p?format=jpg&name=900x900