Michael Durr-Transfer

25 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

I didn't get that take at all. In what world is 7'0 tall and 250 pounds a tweener? 

I was sarcastically quoting bornhoosier ....guy thinks 7'0 250 is a tweener...wants someone bigger like Luka Garza/Hunter Dickenson/Kofi....I never want to be dismissive of people but come on!!

edit...sorry i reread your post...i see you are agreeing...yeah ridiculous lol.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I was sarcastically quoting bornhoosier ....guy thinks 7'0 250 is a tweener...wants someone bigger like Luka Garza/Hunter Dickenson/Kofi....I never want to be dismissive of people but come on!!

edit...sorry i reread your post...i see you are agreeing...yeah ridiculous lol.

There is nothing wrong with @BornHoosier's thoughts or concerns.  TBH, I kind of question Woody's selection here myself.  At the end of the day, I put my trust in CMW's decisions.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, rico said:

There is nothing wrong with @BornHoosier's thoughts or concerns.  TBH, I kind of question Woody's selection here myself.  At the end of the day, I put my trust in CMW's decisions.

His concerns if he is going to be BIG enough?? He called him a tweener? Of course there are questions about how he will do...but his size is a question? Surely you gist?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dgambill said:

His concerns if he is going to be BIG enough?? He called him a tweener? Of course there are questions about how he will do...but his size is a question? Surely you gist?

I just don't think he passes the eye test to be anything relevant at the B10 level of play.  Both Garza and Cockburn look like MEN to me and this guy does not for whatever it's worth.  Maybe a little scarred from previous 7' prospects that played 5' 10"!  I've seen what 275lbs can do at this level, show me that 250lbs is not a doormat.  

Edited by BornHoosier

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

Yall are some haters. This is a great addition. 

There a few that might not like this addition, but overall I think most are pretty happy to add a 7ft big. 

He probably won't start but I would say he will get quite a few minutes for the Hoosiers this season.

On 5/17/2021 at 5:33 PM, NotIThatLives said:

I welcome him and his size but seems slow and likely good for 5 fouls and 5 mins against actual competition.  

I am more hopeful that he will be a good addition,,,we need his height and overall size.  

• Like 1

On 5/19/2021 at 8:29 PM, BornHoosier said:

I just don't think he passes the eye test to be anything relevant at the B10 level of play.  Both Garza and Cockburn look like MEN to me and this guy does not for whatever it's worth.  Maybe a little scarred from previous 7' prospects that played 5' 10"!  I've seen what 275lbs can do at this level, show me that 250lbs is not a doormat.  

Hoping he develops while at IU.   What we saw from Garza as a senior was a lot better than how he played as Soph.