Regarding the 2016-17 coaching hires

1 hour ago, Leathernecks said:

B...b...but, injuries.

Even though he can't recruit depth to save his life which is what makes the injuries so much worse, the injury excuse still gets thrown out all the time for him.

Also not sure how Allen gets anything other than an A+.

I think the perception that IU football has a mediocre history hurts him. Most don’t seem to realize that they’re actually historically bad. Like one of the worst power 5 programs bad. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/14/2021 at 3:06 PM, Leathernecks said:

B...b...but, injuries.

Even though he can't recruit depth to save his life which is what makes the injuries so much worse, the injury excuse still gets thrown out all the time for him.

Also not sure how Allen gets anything other than an A+.

Ed Orgeron literally won a National Championship and sent like a million kids to NFL....and he only got an A-. An A for Allen is pretty fair...after all...we lost both our bowl games (very winnable). I know I know LSU talent is special but man...anyone not Alabama winning a NC should get an A. I mean you can only live off that for so long in SEC country but dang as of now....guy is sitting pretty good.....I do take issue with Lincoln Riley. A+ for an Oklahoma team that has dominated the Big 12 for years I'm not sure how he gets an A+...he hasn't even gotten them to a title game has he? Brohm on the other hand I  think has been an ok hire....to everyone outside of Purdue. Like us there isn't a history to suggest Purdue should have much higher expectations then they have. Just don't ask Purdue fans to grade him.

Edited by dgambill