Jaren Handy commits to Indiana

6 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Flipping commits from Ohio St. Getting transfers from Michigan. In the lead to land a former 5 star tailback from USC.....and now this. Top 100 guys leaving Auburn for IU. Never ever thought I would see this day with IU football. Ever.

Bingo.  And it’s like they are flying out of the sky.  I hadn’t heard any buzz on this.  Great get.  

Does he have four years left?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Bingo.  And it’s like they are flying out of the sky.  I hadn’t heard any buzz on this.  Great get.  

Does he have four years left?

I think 3 but my math is fuzzy with covid extra years,etc....shoot for all we know he'll be headed to the NFL in two. Haha! Awesome get for us. We are stretching our reach.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

My goodness. I have the biggest man crush on CTA. I am not scared to admit to it. 

Seriously. I got kicked off another site during the Lynch days when I said simply I was tired of competing for recruits with Eastern Michigan, Ball St, and Miami of Ohio....look where we are now. Wow.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Seriously. I got kicked off another site during the Lynch days when I said simply I was tired of competing for recruits with Eastern Michigan, Ball St, and Miami of Ohio....look where we are now. Wow.

Those were some dark days.  I didn’t like what was going on.   I don’t think either one of us could envision where we are today, my friend.  

But I will say it again, I’ve always given Kevin Wilson credit.  He may have rubbed some people the wrong way, but he saw the mentality you’re speaking of, and took it head on.  He changed attitudes.  

Tom Allen is on an entirely different level. No doubt.  He’s the total package, X’s and O’s, scheme, big picture vision, identifying personnel types, culture, motivating, recruiting, working, etc.  But Wilson brought him here and Allen was willing to come because Wilson wasn’t putting up with a certain mentality that he eradicated.  

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Those were some dark days.  I didn’t like what was going on.   I don’t think either one of us could envision where we are today, my friend.  

But I will say it again, I’ve always given Kevin Wilson credit.  He may have rubbed some people the wrong way, but he saw the mentality you’re speaking of, and took it head on.  He changed attitudes.  

Tom Allen is on an entirely different level. No doubt.  He’s the total package, X’s and O’s, scheme, big picture vision, identifying personnel types, culture, motivating, recruiting, working, etc.  But Wilson brought him here and Allen was willing to come because Wilson wasn’t putting up with a certain mentality that he eradicated.  

Allen started with more talent than any IU coach. Wilson had it going. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Trust me. I could go on and on about how much I like what Kevin Wilson did at IU to raise expectations and demand them. Different thread I guess. Haha.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

I've been reading a thread on an Auburn board about him.  Seems like most people liked him and were sad to see him transfer.  They make it sound like he wanted to stay, but the new coaching staff didn't let him.  Nobody really knew why.  Most said he seemed like a pretty good kid.  Whatever it was, I'm glad to have him!

Thanks for linking that. Just like us on here....you sometimes get a real feel for what a kid is all about on message boards. Sounds like something went on behind the scenes while he still stayed classy about Auburn. Glad that we have him coming aboard for sure. 

• Like 1