MVP of the Road W over Minny?

RoJo -- 10-21 (3-7 from the arc) for career high 28, 7 assists(3 TO's) , 7 boards, 2 steals, 1 block.  Great to see him have a huge game.

Morgan - 8-16 (3-4 from the arc) for 20, 12 rebounds, 4 blocks, 1 steal. Monster game. Kid is a monster, period.

Smith - First start, goes 7-10 (2-2 from the arc), 4-4 from the line, for 20 points, 3 boards. And on the road.

3 players scoring 20 or 20-plus, on the road. Not bad.

Even though Morgan outplayed Murphy, RoJo provided the spark we needed tonight. Had a couple of old fashioned 3 points plays late that were key. 

Will need some others to step up their scoring. 

As FWIUFan said, McRoberts and McSwain played well. I give them an honorable mention. 

Gotta go with Smith.  He hit some big shots early to get us going.  That is relatively unheard of from a freshman on the road in the B10, especially one that hasn’t played much to date.  I have to vote Archie as co-MVP for simply keeping Newkirk where he belongs....on the bench.

I  have to go with CAM. Kept these guys together. After the Wisconsin game these guys could have given up. As much as the players' efforts caused the victory, the coach set the tone 

18 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Just finished watching the DVR.  I'm giving it to Smith.  Not taking anything away from Morgan or Johnson, but as upperclassmen, it's expected they step up.  Smith stepped up his game as well, when the team needed it the most.

Exactly my thoughts.  This is the type of leadership and performance I expect from upper classmen. Smith, coming into a starting role for Davis and being asked to bang with Murphy at times,  not only responded,  but delivered on both ends beyond my expectations.

I’d go with Smith just because he’s a freshman who hasn’t played many meaningful minutes this season and without him stepping up I don’t think we win. Hopefully he can build off this and keep his confidence up. It’s hard not to pick Rojo or McRoberts imo he didn’t score but his hustle plays and keeping the ball alive are what you need to pull out tight road games. 

Morgan is our best player and seemed to control the game more than anyone else.  Justin can be the same kind of player, but maybe better in time.  Somehow if they can be consistent, we will have a fun second half of the year.  Past performance is usually a good predictor of the future, so I worry that we will see sloppy and lazy play in the next game.  However, if last night becomes the norm, we know that CAM has established his brand of basketball and whether or not we make the tourney, we have a lot more to be optimistic about.

Has to be JUSTIN SMITH !! No one even saw that 20 POINT GAME COMING [if they were honest about it ] !! I am not surprised about Johnson's 28 POINT GAME as he [ RJ ] has similar type games in the past during his IU Careeer !! I was totally shocked and DELIRIOUS over Smith's 20 POINT GAME !! I did not ever even think that could have been a possibility [this season ] before the Minnesota game !! NOW--- I will not be surprised if [ or WHEN] Mr. Smith has another such game for The Hoosiers ! I hope that this was just the first of MANY SUCH GAMES for JUSTIN !!

Archived