Jerome Hunter will not return

While I like Hunter and feel a little bad for him with the injury that sidetracked his career this doesn't really bother me that much. With Kopp transferring in and Jordan probably getting more minutes I think the writing was on the wall.

Best of luck to him and I hope he lands somewhere that he will be successful. 👍

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Indykev said:

From what i'm being told. Hunter started his crap with Woodson that he did with Archie and was shown the door. "Woodson's not hear to play locker room games, things will be dealt with quickly", quote.

Good tidbit - got to live the culture you want.  That and the desire to get someone that will change shots at the rim.  Timing and attitude is everything.  

43 minutes ago, Indykev said:

From what i'm being told. Hunter started his crap with Woodson that he did with Archie and was shown the door. "Woodson's not hear to play locker room games, things will be dealt with quickly", quote.

And this is when I wished I paid attention to who posts what. I read. Agree/disagree and move along. This sounds like good info and I say thank you for sharing. Can't imagine a kid starting stuff with a new regime....but I also can't imagine 1300 players in the portal. Thanks for sharing!

Edited by Seeking6
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

We don’t need to know what the “crap “ was. Suffice it to say, if CMW was not pleased with whatever Hunter brought to the table… move on. Times a wasting. Gotta get the program back to where it belongs. 

Feel for the kid but if he was an obstacle, there’s other fish in the sea

Agree, at a point i wont put out what i hear.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, IU878176 said:

I hope you do post what you hear as I am interested as to what Woodson won’t tolerate. 

Ok, not going to put it out there because i cant verify a part of one thing i was told, no point. To your question, far, far less than the last staff.

• Like 3

I think Hunter fell well short of his potential. Be it the health issues, not meshing with coaches, lack of "give a damn"....whatever, the biggest thing i think he takes with him that few showed last year was an edge.  He never backed down or shyed away from anyone and hopefully there are a few guys that will let their inner "Sheehey" out on the floor this year. 

Best of luck to Hunter moving forward. I really rooted for the kid and he always looked like he was right on the edge of breaking out and just couldnt take that next step. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 3Ballin said:

I think Hunter fell well short of his potential. Be it the health issues, not meshing with coaches, lack of "give a damn"....whatever, the biggest thing i think he takes with him that few showed last year was an edge.  He never backed down or shyed away from anyone and hopefully there are a few guys that will let their inner "Sheehey" out on the floor this year. 

Best of luck to Hunter moving forward. I really rooted for the kid and he always looked like he was right on the edge of breaking out and just couldnt take that next step. 

There was one game last year, don't recall which but I think it was right after his coach assisted time out. He hit a couple shots, made a couple more hustle plays and then had a small, Sheehey type moment in an opponents face. I was so hoping that would be his coming out party, but it just didn't happen. I always had my fingers crossed for him. Good luck JH !

• Like 2