Jerome Hunter will not return

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Interesting that  none of the players have acknowledged Jerome's departure on social media yet...Was Jerome not popular with his teammates? 

Good point. When Al left everyone was wishing him well. Haven't checked today but pretty quiet on that front.

15 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Good point. When Al left everyone was wishing him well. Haven't checked today but pretty quiet on that front.

Maybe the difference between you breaking up with your S/O and them breaking up with you.  In Al's case, I think he probably decided to move on.  So your teammates reach out and say good luck at your next place.  If Jerome was told to leave, that is a bit different.  You don't offer congrats to someone who got dumped.

Just another way to look at it other than saying his teammates were not fans.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Maybe the difference between you breaking up with your S/O and them breaking up with you.  In Al's case, I think he probably decided to move on.  So your teammates reach out and say good luck at your next place.  If Jerome was told to leave, that is a bit different.  You don't offer congrats to someone who got dumped.

Just another way to look at it other than saying his teammates were not fans.

So not even so much as a "good luck"?

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

So not even so much as a "good luck"?

Maybe in person but not on social media.  I guess in one case (Al) you are posting a celebration of their next challenge.  So you can view that as a positive.  "Good luck my guy, tear it up at Providence(?)"

If it was true that Hunter was asked to leave, that is not like a celebratory thing.  "Hey, congrats you got booted from the team..."  To me that is a situation you don't put on social media.  Think of it like the girlfriend.  When you dump her and move on to someone else, that is something that your friends may be cool to congratulate you on.  When she dumps you, that is not really a "good luck and onto the next one" you blast on social media.  That is more of a private convo. 

Just my opinion. 

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Maybe in person but not on social media.  I guess in one case (Al) you are posting a celebration of their next challenge.  So you can view that as a positive.  "Good luck my guy, tear it up at Providence(?)"

If it was true that Hunter was asked to leave, that is not like a celebratory thing.  "Hey, congrats you got booted from the team..."  To me that is a situation you don't put on social media.  Think of it like the girlfriend.  When you dump her and move on to someone else, that is something that your friends may be cool to congratulate you on.  When she dumps you, that is not really a "good luck and onto the next one" you blast on social media.  That is more of a private convo. 

Just my opinion. 

It's been 40 years since I've had a girlfriend, and this is the only form of social media I participate in...I'm not aware of the "rules" anymore for either...

Just seems like everything is handled so publicly these days...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Just my opinion. 

Completely agree, and especially when Hunter himself hasn't posted anything. 

Most of the time when teammates post a "congrats" its a retweet or repost of that players announcement and Hunter hasn't announced anything publicly yet. 

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

It's been 40 years since I've had a girlfriend, and this is the only form of social media I participate in...I'm not aware of the "rules" anymore for either...

Just seems like everything is handled so publicly these days...

I have been married for 14 years myself.  The social media stuff was around when I was dating my wife but it was not like it is today.  I don't necessarily know the etiquette either, but if I got kicked off the team, I would want that I was leaving as quiet as possible.  At least until I found a place to land.

Honestly, I was just trying to provide an alternative to the idea he was not liked by his teammates.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IUCrazy2 said:

I have been married for 14 years myself.  The social media stuff was around when I was dating my wife but it was not like it is today.  I don't necessarily know the etiquette either, but if I got kicked off the team, I would want that I was leaving as quiet as possible.  At least until I found a place to land.

Honestly, I was just trying to provide an alternative to the idea he was not liked by his teammates.

Understand...

I wonder how long it'll be before we see Jerome's name in the portal...seems to me the earlier the better...rosters are filling up fast...

4 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

The 2018 recruiting class might be the most disappointing class I can remember at IU. 

It essentially ended Archies career here. Between that and the basically non factor 17 class with Al and Smith well unless Archie saw major improvement on the recruiting trail he was in trouble...a one man Duncomb wasn’t going to cut it. 

2 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

Not really. The Movement gave us Yogi and 2 Big Ten titles. This class gave us 1 year of Romeo Langford and a handful of mid-major talents. 

Sorry I in no way, shape or form can credit that class with the 2013 title. 

It did give us Yogi, but every single other guy was a massive bust from a class that was much higher touted that the 2018 class. Q

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Sorry I in no way, shape or form can credit that class with the 2013 title. 

It did give us Yogi, but every single other guy was a massive bust from a class that was much higher touted that the 2018 class. Q

Agree. The Movement had much, much higher expectations. There were literally fans heading into the 2012-13 season saying our bench would finish 2nd in the Big Ten (which was ludicrous, but people still tried to argue it).

The 2018 class was viewed as Langford as the one and done star and then the rest were foundation pieces not big difference makers. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Agree. The Movement had much, much higher expectations. There were literally fans heading into the 2012-13 season saying our bench would finish 2nd in the Big Ten (which was ludicrous, but people still tried to argue it).

The 2018 class was viewed as Langford as the one and done star and then the rest were foundation pieces not big difference makers. 

Exactly. And that doesn't even begin to address the off-court issues the Movement brought with them. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

No class can compare for disappointment to the thugs- other than Eric Gordon- that Sampson recruited to Bloomington 

Some call them thugs. I call them winners. 25 wins in 08 before our own dismantled things was our 4th highest win total season since 1993. I don't know. I kind of liked when we won. 

25 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Some call them thugs. I call them winners. 25 wins in 08 before our own dismantled things was our 4th highest win total season since 1993. I don't know. I kind of liked when we won. 

Sorry. I agree with you on a lot of things but not this. Armon  Basset, Jamarcus Ellis, Deondre Thomas, we’re as far from what I want wearing the candy stripes and representing the university as could be.

Sampson sold his soul, if he had one, when he let these guys run the program into the ground.

Dakich didn’t put up with them. Do you think HCMW would have tolerated their shenanigans for even a minute?

Edited by Steubenhoosier
  • Like 4

30 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Sorry. I agree with you on a lot of things but not this. Armon  Basset, Jamarcus Ellis, Deondre Thomas, we’re as far from what I want wearing the candy stripes and representing the university as could be.

Sampson sold his soul, if he had one, when he let these guys run the program into the ground.

Dakich didn’t put up with them. Do you think HCMW would have tolerated their shenanigans for even a minute?

Nope!

And even if I disagreed with the thugs part....I ultimately agree with your point. We can win and win big while doing things the right way we proved that for 2-3 decades.....but a story like Jamarcus Ellis pulls at my second chance heart.

Kid did some things because he was homeless so his siblings could eat. At age 17. Dad died on the streets and mom passed away. Maybe it's because I'm a believer in second chances but I don't like kids like Jamarcus getting wrapped up in the thug label. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I hear you, but not a single one of those guys you mentioned would be considered in EJs recruiting class. So if we are talking about recruiting classes as busts, they don't really fit the criteria.