Jerome Hunter will not return

39 minutes ago, Fundamentals said:

Never got his feet under him.  I admire his class in participating in team workouts and finishing the semester before going to the portal.  

Hunter had a tough run here.  Serious blood clot condition his frosh year he never seemed to recover from in terms of confidence.  Jerome’s talents were never utilized, and always seemed in the doghouse.  He did need to work on his defensive want-to, but still disappointed to see him leave.  

That said, excited to see who Coach gets.  Dare I mention: pass the ketchup.  

Forgot about the ketchup rumors. Seems like it will be Durr though.

Steak And Ketchup GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Haha 6

32 minutes ago, dgambill said:

ugh...just doesn't light a fire in me...wonder if he reposted just for clicks given the current news story....and less to any eminent news.

Don't trust the coaching staff??   😉 wink wink. 😁

Edited by jv1972iu
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Don't trust the coaching staff??   😉 wink wink. 😁

I do...I do. Just the skillset that Onu brings in with similar size and that wingspan...is much much more intriguing than basically a banger. I just don't see Durr as much more than that. Who knows...maybe that is all we want but what playing time would Durr offer us that Brunk couldn't have filled? Onu at least brings an added dimension with his offense that I can justify a bigger role for is all.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I do...I do. Just the skillset that Onu brings in with similar size and that wingspan...is much much more intriguing than basically a banger. I just don't see Durr as much more than that. Who knows...maybe that is all we want but what playing time would Durr offer us that Brunk couldn't have filled? Onu at least brings an added dimension with his offense that I can justify a bigger role for is all.

No doubt...but we both know and TRUST that Coach Woodson is doing and will do what makes the most sense for the team.  He has more information... more insight...more knowledge than us.  Correct?

😁

19 minutes ago, ATX_sig said:

Does Jerome go somewhere with 3 years of eligibility. I can't remember anymore if the COVID year tranfers when you transfer or not. 

The extra year does transfer. 

The only thing that doesn't transfer is the special case of seniors this year not counting towards the scholarship count if they stayed with the school they played with this past season. So if Durham and Brunk had stayed they wouldn't have counted towards the 13 scholarships but they will with their new schools.

49 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

No doubt...but we both know and TRUST that Coach Woodson is doing and will do what makes the most sense for the team.  He has more information... more insight...more knowledge than us.  Correct?

😁

Sure....I thought that of Archie too lol....and Crean. I trust but it doesn't mean I don't have a differing opinion from time to time.

One thing CMW may want to do is balance out the classes. You don't want five in one class (current juniors) and six in another class (current freshmen). Of course with the transfer portal being out of control it may not be an issue, but it could be a problem down the road. I'm not sure anyone would consider a redshirt these days.

38 minutes ago, Euroclydon said:

One thing CMW may want to do is balance out the classes. You don't want five in one class (current juniors) and six in another class (current freshmen). Of course with the transfer portal being out of control it may not be an issue, but it could be a problem down the road. I'm not sure anyone would consider a redshirt these days.

My thing is, is balancing classes even a thing anymore with as much turnover as there is (portal, g-league, draft, overseas, etc.)?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ThePaulieWalnuts said:

My thing is, is balancing classes even a thing anymore with as much turnover as there is (portal, g-league, draft, overseas, etc.)?

No doubt...I was super worried about a 1 man class when we had Archie here and how 22 was shaping up for him I thought we were in big doo doo. Everyone was like...chill guys got an extra year but there was still going to be a huge gap in kids being ready to contribute imo. Then bam....this whole portal thing flipped the script. We bring in almost a new starting 5 in a week and not just grad transfers like the portal typically was before...multiple years of eligibility. And now without having to sit a year first time....I mean things are so different. They get old stay old adage kinda changes too....i mean you can add veterans anytime now. Anyways I agree!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Does Boiler have Pi on his face after that one or what?

I think he was expecting a bigger reaction when he came over here. Fact is we have known there was another leaving for a while and most of us have been pretty confident in the couple of guys we saw that as. But in being good fans it is bad taste to start talking bad or insinuating a kid should transfer when he is still on the team...but we all knew this was coming..and honestly..with who we've added..it makes complete sense.

• Like 2

I was informed a while back that it would be Lander or Hunter. I can't say that I am glad it is Hunter, because he is a great kid and had a ton of potential (unfortunate freak injury), but I guess he will be the one moving on. Good luck to him and I hope he can land somewhere where he can showcase his abilities.

Who we add next I have no idea. Based on whats been posted already, it looks like a big man.

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I think he was expecting a bigger reaction when he came over here. Fact is we have known there was another leaving for a while and most of us have been pretty confident in the couple of guys we saw that as. But in being good fans it is bad taste to start talking bad or insinuating a kid should transfer when he is still on the team...but we all knew this was coming..and honestly..with who we've added..it makes complete sense.

Ehh didn’t know what to expect. My number probably would’ve been a 5 or 6 I’d say. 

• Like 1