2021-2022 Schedule

55 minutes ago, southsidehoosier said:

That’s where my wife and I honeymooned 2 years ago (on Kiawa Island). Didn’t know the Hunley was there!

Nice.  Kiawah is gorgeous.  I think Oprah and Dan Marino both have homes there. The PGA championship is there this weekend. 

The Hunley is actually in North Charleston at a conservation center that you can tour on the weekends.

Go Hoosiers!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

No one has mentioned The Monitor yet...

If I remember right, didn't one of them have a fixed turret gun which led to it's downfall? It has been over 30 years since I had a US history class. If so, then it was the opposite of Archie's issue. He could not fix shooting. JK  Go Hoosiers! 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Education in the U.S. was already broken.  Covid has napalmed what was left.  Kids are earning college level credits for thing we learned in middle school back in the day.

And this is why, amongst other reasons, we do private school and plan to continue doing that all the way through. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

On 5/13/2021 at 3:07 PM, Hoosierfan1901 said:

No idea if this thread was posted, but here is the Big 10 schedule, Extremely favorable

We have 12 games against teams ranked worse (home IL, RU - home & away MN, NE, PSU, WI - away IA, NU) and 8 games against team ranked better (home MI, home & away MD, OSU, PU - away MSU) than us on this projected ranking site.

https://www.barttorvik.com/?conlimit=B10&state=All&year=2022&sort=

So I would think 12-8 should be the floor for next season if win/lose those games regardless of home/away.

I would think we should have a good shot against MD, OSU, and PU at home, so 15-5 or 14-6 seems doable. 

14-3/16-4 was good enough to win the conference this year, so we should be in contention for the 1st time what seems like forever. 

Now I have to try to maintain composure and not get excited or have too high of expectations with a new coach...

Edited by cybergates
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, cybergates said:

We have 12 games against teams ranked worse (home IL, RU - home & away MN, NE, PSU, WI - away IA, NU) and 8 games against team ranked better (home MI, home & away MD, OSU, PU - away MSU) than us on this projected ranking site.

https://www.barttorvik.com/?conlimit=B10&state=All&year=2022&sort=

So I would think 12-8 should be the floor for next season if win/lose those games regardless of home/away.

I would think we should have a good shot against MD, OSU, and PU at home, so 15-5 or 14-6 seems doable. 

14-3/16-4 was good enough to win the conference this year, so we should be in contention for the 1st time what seems like forever. 

Now I have to try to maintain composure and not get excited or have too high of expectations with a new coach...

I think analytics based rankings are hard to take too seriously in the offseason, especially this year with all of the roster shake up each team has had. That said, I do think 12 as a floor and 14 or 15 as a ceiling seems reasonable for this group. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

I think analytics based rankings are hard to take too seriously in the offseason, especially this year with all of the roster shake up each team has had. That said, I do think 12 as a floor and 14 or 15 as a ceiling seems reasonable for this group. 

TBH looking back on Archie's B1G conference showing...I would be ecstatic to finish 10-10...

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Pretty good program and will give us a good test.  I like playing this type of team than a 300+ rated team

A game we should win no doubt but if they over look them and focused on Christmas break then could easily trip us up. Definitely a team that you could face in say a 3 vs 14 matchup or something in the tournament. I mean not to jinx us or anything but I look at this team and think we could end up anywhere from a 5 seed all the way up to 3 seed if the season goes well....if not we should at least be in the tournament at minimum.

https://www.insidethehall.com/2021/06/22/indiana-to-host-marshall-next-season-as-part-of-non-conference-schedule/?fbclid=IwAR3hBMNz1P9UMPs_qj9DVLYhvX8_vLMxTpcYg9Zbj8Xsp64-wMjwnncsP38

Add Marshall to the schedule 

Here’s an updated look at Indiana’s schedule so far next season:

· BC Mega of Serbia in two exhibitions on Aug. 13 and 15 in the Bahamas
· Merrimack at Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall per Jon Rothstein
· Louisiana Lafayette at Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall per Jon Rothstein
· Marshall at Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall per Chuck Landon
· Gavitt Tipoff Games: Potential game against a Big East opponent
· Big Ten/ACC Challenge: Expected home game
· Crossroads Classic: vs. Notre Dame at Bankers Life Fieldhouse on Dec. 18, 2021
· Northern Kentucky at Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall per D1 Docket on Dec. 22, 2021

Edited by southsidehoosier
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1