OT - Congrats IU Men’s Soccer!!

If IU wins it will be their 9th championship and they will move into a tie with St Louis for the most Soccer titles in NCAA history.  It will also give the program at least one championship in each of the past 4 decades.

When Ken Snow and I were freshmen we were dating the same girl... didn't turn out so well for me.  Funny thing is, I remember him well but can't even remember Jeanine's name.

• Haha 5

18 minutes ago, olsontex said:

If IU wins it will be their 9th championship and they will move into a tie with St Louis for the most Soccer titles in NCAA history.  It will also give the program at least one championship in each of the past 4 decades.

When Ken Snow and I were freshmen we were dating the same girl... didn't turn out so well for me.  Funny thing is, I remember him well but can't even remember Jeanine's name.

We will be short for the tie still if we win Monday night. SLU has 10 titles 

Some caveats to SLUs titles. 

A) Several were won with an 8 team field. The most matches they had to win for a title was 4 

B) They shared one of their titles. So I’m calling it 9.5 Titles. When we hit 10 we are in the lead. 

Also interesting note Virginia also shared one of their titles.  Virginia is the only team really close to us that is still relevant and competitive. 

• Like 3

So interesting tidbit. I coached Jack Maher in boys volleyball with my wife in 6th grade before I became a basketball coach at the same school. He is the first professional player to come from that grade school in history. Joey which is starting on defense now did not get coached by either of us but the youngest one Josh was coached by my wife in 5th grade and at the time I asked their dad who was better at that age and he said josh was better than jack. So IU will be getting another Maher on defense in a couple of years when Josh goes to college I’d assume. 

• Like 1

On 5/15/2021 at 7:09 PM, IUFLA said:

AND it would be IU's 25th NCAA Championship overall...

As opposed to Purdue's 5...IF you count the 1932 Helms championship AND the 2018 Cheerleading Championship...<snicker>

Any organized college level sport, be it cheerleading or football is tough competition and requires top tier athletes, unless its Curling, then anyone can do that. :D 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Any organized college level sport, be it cheerleading or football is tough competition and requires top tier athletes, unless its Curling, then anyone can do that. :D 

Your telling me that cute little Korean girl in the glasses at the last olympics wasn't athletic or special??? I call BS! 😄