Nice Article on Xavier Johnson

I really think this guy will be big for us this year and hopefully the leader we have been lacking.

And as for Trayce you can't have a better representative of IU basketball then him. He is starting to become one of my favorite IU players of a all time. It's going to be great at the end of the regular season when the Hoosiers are celebrating a B1G tournament championship and Trayce wins B1G player of the year. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It's been a decade since (at least on paper) I felt this comfortable in the direction of our program. Honestly everything I read from the players is right. Everything I hear Coach Woodson say is right. The talent we are in on in future recruiting classes is right. 

I know it was different times with transfer portal,etc.....but one other group I believe is going to be proven right. Our fans who didn't think it should Crean 3+ years to get this thing going....or Archie's entire tenure. I don't want to turn this into a bashing thread of them but in 60 days Woodson seems to have changed a decade of mistakes by identifying guys like Xavier Johnson and bringing them in.

Those quotes in that article are showing leadership, selfless behavior in wanting to help others instead of the I gotta get mine approach.....just a breath of fresh air. 

• Like 7

37 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

It's been a decade since (at least on paper) I felt this comfortable in the direction of our program. Honestly everything I read from the players is right. Everything I hear Coach Woodson say is right. The talent we are in on in future recruiting classes is right. 

I know it was different times with transfer portal,etc.....but one other group I believe is going to be proven right. Our fans who didn't think it should Crean 3+ years to get this thing going....or Archie's entire tenure. I don't want to turn this into a bashing thread of them but in 60 days Woodson seems to have changed a decade of mistakes by identifying guys like Xavier Johnson and bringing them in.

Those quotes in that article are showing leadership, selfless behavior in wanting to help others instead of the I gotta get mine approach.....just a breath of fresh air. 

💯

I think everyone on this forum knows I wanted to keep Archie for another year. 

I couldn't have been more wrong. But I think very few people even knew that Coach Woodson was as good of a technical coach as he is, nor did people see Scott Dolson demonstrate the leadership he has by making the basketball program a team effort and not laying it all off on one man. So far, Coach Woodson is an "Easter Egg" that has earned an off season A+ in my book. 

This group Dolson has assembled is solid and built for the long haul...not a one trick pony...

I know we haven't played a game under Woody yet, but I can't wait until November...if this comes together like I think it can, we're in great shape to reclaim our blue-blood status...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 9

7 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

💯

I couldn't have been more wrong. But I think very few people even knew that Coach Woodson was as good of a technical coach as he is, nor did people see Scott Dolson demonstrate the leadership he has by making the basketball program a team effort and not laying it all off on one man. So far, Coach Woodson is an "Easter Egg" that has earned an off season A+ in my book. 

This group Dolson has assembled is solid and built for the long haul...not a one truck pony...

I know we haven't played a game under Woody yet, but I can't wait until November...if this comes together like I think it can, we're in great shape to reclaim our blue-blood status...

Same on all....and I was with you on one more year of Archie too. I was fine he was fired but I also could see exhausting one more year....but looking back at it seemed we were just a dead program. No life or energy. 

• Like 6

23 hours ago, IUFLA said:

💯

This group Dolson has assembled is solid and built for the long haul...not a one trick pony...

I fundamentally disagree with almost every post you ever put on here. 

But this is not one of them.  CMW has had a phenomenal offseason and positioned IU for success.  As mentioned, we haven't seen a minute of basketball yet.  We have had hype in the past, although we forget.  Hype for the movement.  Hype for the tough nosed CAM.  Hype for Romeo and Lander. And now Hype for the next big thing, CMW.  But it  always seems to fall short come game time.  I truly hope that the hype and excitement translates to wins on the board.  The B1G is going to be weaker this year in my opinion and its our opportunity to put a strangle hold on the top tier

So here is to my one and probably only agreement post with IUFLA and GO HOOSIERS!

Edited by IowaHoosierFan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I fundamentally disagree with almost every post you ever put on here. 

But this is not one of them.  CMW has had a phenomenal offseason and positioned IU for success.  As mentioned, we haven't seen a minute of basketball yet.  We have had hype in the past, although we forget.  Hype for the movement.  Hype for the tough nosed CAM.  Hype for Romeo and Lander. And now Hype for the next big thing, CMW.  But it  always seems to fall short come game time.  I truly hope that the hype and excitement translates to wins on the board.  The B1G is going to be weaker this year in my opinion and its our opportunity to put a strangle hold on the top tier

So here is to my one and probably only agreement post with IUFLA and GO HOOSIERS!

<sigh> And I was so looking forward to your next endorsement...

🙄

• Haha 4

23 hours ago, IUFLA said:

💯

Agree. I don't think this offseason could have gone much better. Perhaps Armaan staying but I doubt we land Bates if that was the case. To me Woody has done everything you could ask. Kept the leaders on the team like Trayce and Race.  Brought back young guys like Geronimo and Lander. Brought in a top 25 stud in Bates and landed quality veteran players in Johnson and Kopp at key positions of need for us. The staff is dynamic and yet well established. Everything is lining up for a successful season. Finally it will all come down to execution. Can he get these kids to grow, improve, and then execute his vision. We will just have to wait and see. I'm sure we will have some bumps in the road but I'm extremely optimistic for the future. I don't want to bash Archie...we do that too much around here with our coaches and players. I could see Archie's vision for his teams, and what he was striving for made sense...and his methods weren't wrong. Archie came in underpowered in talent during a time in the B1G that competition was at an all time high. There is no excuse for why Indiana was so vastly short of talent. A school like us shouldn't have been in a position of weakness to begin with. It was a struggle. Honestly 4 years isn't enough to judge if Archie is a good coach or not but it was clear at the end...his voice and his direction was just not resonating with the team. Given what we were facing ahead and what we were reloading with...it didn't look like it was going to get better quick enough. Wish him well....a lot of injuries, bad luck, but in the end he couldn't translate his success at Dayton here. On to the Woodson era.

• Like 2