Stephen Carr Transfers to IU!!!

Indykev

Here's why as a 5 star kid the Biggest programs arent always the best for you. They stack up 5 star kids and don't develop kids and dont get better. Who ever breaks out on their own plays. Schools like IU have to develop these kids to win games. High School coaches need to do better in pointing that out.

• Like 1

What an awesome pickup! He had a really good freshman season under McCullough. From what I've read on him the last few weeks, USC fans were mixed on whether injuries slowed him down, or if the offensive scheme was the issue. A lot of USC fans couldn't stand how they basically didn't care at all about the run game the last few seasons.

We should have really good RB depth now. Carr, James, Baldwin, Ervin-Pondexter (and Ellis?).  Allen has talked this offseason about more creativity from the run game. Really looking forward to hopefully seeing better running this year.

5 hours ago, HoosierFaithful said:

This feels like when I get that first absolutely massive recruit when I’m playing as the IU coach on NCAA football. When my program takes a leap from good to great. 

Speaking of which isn't it great that EA is bringing NCAA Football back. Now if someone would bring back the College Basketball one I would  definitely buy me a system instead of just considering it.

13 hours ago, Indykev said:

Here's why as a 5 star kid the Biggest programs arent always the best for you. They stack up 5 star kids and don't develop kids and dont get better. Who ever breaks out on their own plays. Schools like IU have to develop these kids to win games. High School coaches need to do better in pointing that out.

Or their parents

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Indykev said:

Stevie Scott with speed. going to be fun to watch.

Love the video and comparison. I thought the exact same thing about Scott with another gear. You see the hole open, and he either explodes through, or makes a cut at speed that I'm not sure Stevie had the ability to perform. 

• Indykev changed the title to Stephen Carr Transfers to IU!!!

Looks like he can catch the football out of the backfield at least some.  That can be an extra weapon when you have a back that can catch. His numbers weren’t prolific but based on number of touches, he had a decent amount of catches.  His toral number of snaps had to be much lower than Scott’s.  Just spitballing here.  

8 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Looks like he can catch the football out of the backfield at least some.  That can be an extra weapon when you have a back that can catch. His numbers weren’t prolific but based on number of touches, he had a decent amount of catches.  His toral number of snaps had to be much lower than Scott’s.  Just spitballing here.  

He had Plantar Fasciitis for a couple seasons. I had it and you can't walk. I couldnt even think of cutting as a running back with it. Its retired a few guys.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Indykev said:

He had Plantar Fasciitis for a couple seasons. I had it and you can't walk. I couldnt even think of cutting as a running back with it. Its retired a few guys.

I can attest to this. Had it when I was overtraining for minimarathon. Sat me down flat for 6 weeks.

• Like 2