Purdoobie

i usually rejoice with anything bad associated with Purdouche, but this is pretty sad that someone who could have ha so much turns out like this.  this is actually old news, but i was shocked when i saw he was like 400lbs or whatever and loaded with drugs in the early morning hours.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i usually rejoice with anything bad associated with Purdouche, but this is pretty sad that someone who could have ha so much turns out like this.  this is actually old news, but i was shocked when i saw he was like 400lbs or whatever and loaded with drugs in the early morning hours.  

Hey, Caleb is a big guy.  So I would hate to take a guess at what he ate when he got the munchies.

Thomas Bryant-Just under $27M in earnings

OG Anunoby-$81M in past/future earnings

His little quote below got plenty of laughs from the school up North but like many things....it didn't age well. PS...3.4 lbs isn't personal use weight. Hopefully he gets things straight and all of the Purdue alumni/fans can come together and find him a job somewhere.

Caleb Swanigan, a basketball player that DraftExpress expects to be drafted after Thomas Bryant and OG Anunoby, went on in his letter to say “idc what anyone says we made Purdue look sexy. We don't need that fabricated bs like the school down south.”

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

His little quote below got plenty of laughs from the school up North but like many things....it didn't age well. PS...3.4 lbs isn't personal use weight. Hopefully he gets things straight and all of the Purdue alumni/fans can come together and find him a job somewhere.

Caleb Swanigan, a basketball player that DraftExpress expects to be drafted after Thomas Bryant and OG Anunoby, went on in his letter to say “idc what anyone says we made Purdue look sexy. We don't need that fabricated bs like the school down south.”

I think it is obvious why he thought Purdue was sexy. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Thomas Bryant-Just under $27M in earnings

OG Anunoby-$81M in past/future earnings

The kid was never going to make a ton of money in the NBA. Wouldn’t have been different if he had gone to MSU or any other school as he had severe limitations as a player/prospect. Guy had a terrible upbringing and can hopefully right the ship here soon. Have heard he and Roosevelt Barnes had a falling out too which surely didn’t help. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, NCHoosier32 said:

Unfortunately it’s not that surprising especially after he and Barnes had a huge falling out. That plus pandemic this isn’t surprising sadly. 

Personally I think this could just slide into the "stupid criminals" thread....kinda depressing to see it on the main board. People with so much opportunity that squander it...it's sad...IU/PURDUE doesn't matter. Very few people make it in the NBA. Nothing to be ashamed of that it didn't work out. But the kid was afforded the opportunity to get a degree and have a leg up that many people don't get. This country isn't perfect but this kid was given opportunity far beyond what he likely would have been afforded somewhere else. Hope by some small chance he turns things around and betters himself. He is still very young and despite everything still has more privileges afforded him than most. I don't take glee at all. It's a sad story...all too common as well and just as likely to befall on one of our players as a Purdue one.

• Like 4

I feel a little bad laughing at posts here but the Purdoobie title and Biggie comment got me.

Such a shame this kid wasn't intelligent/ambitious/whatever enough to see all the opportunity in front of him and take advantage of it.  He may have had some limitations, but the only reason he isn't still playing for money somewhere or at least have a degree is him.  Wasn't close enough to know but I'm going to guess that work ethic wasn't his strong suit.  A little more ambition and he'd surely be playing somewhere and/or have a usable degree instead of taking the easy route of sitting at home and selling dope.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I feel a little bad laughing at posts here but the Purdoobie title and Biggie comment got me.

Such a shame this kid wasn't intelligent/ambitious/whatever enough to see all the opportunity in front of him and take advantage of it.  He may have had some limitations, but the only reason he isn't still playing for money somewhere or at least have a degree is him.  Wasn't close enough to know but I'm going to guess that work ethic wasn't his strong suit.  A little more ambition and he'd surely be playing somewhere and/or have a usable degree instead of taking the easy route of sitting at home and selling dope.

I can say that the work ethic (at least when he was at Purdue) was unlike anything I’d ever seen. After games, he’d be on the elliptical or in the weight room. I think it’s possible there are some mental health things going on that are impacting him and stuff from his past that are still causing issues. I couldn’t imagine growing up like he did and that stuff doesn’t just go away because you got to the NBA. Regardless, I hope he figures things out. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Personally I think this could just slide into the "stupid criminals" thread....kinda depressing to see it on the main board. People with so much opportunity that squander it...it's sad...IU/PURDUE doesn't matter. Very few people make it in the NBA. Nothing to be ashamed of that it didn't work out. But the kid was afforded the opportunity to get a degree and have a leg up that many people don't get. This country isn't perfect but this kid was given opportunity far beyond what he likely would have been afforded somewhere else. Hope by some small chance he turns things around and betters himself. He is still very young and despite everything still has more privileges afforded him than most. I don't take glee at all. It's a sad story...all too common as well and just as likely to befall on one of our players as a Purdue one.

I think you make a lot of good points but it’s easy for us to say from our vantage point. I’m assuming (could be wrong but I doubt it) that no one on this board had an upbringing even remotely close to what he had. Getting to Purdue and the NBA are great achievements but that doesn’t just remove all the trauma and issues he had from growing up. I’m guessing the pandemic really messed with him and he may have slipped back into some old habits from before he met Barnes. Hope he figures it out. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I think you make a lot of good points but it’s easy for us to say from our vantage point. I’m assuming (could be wrong but I doubt it) that no one on this board had an upbringing even remotely close to what he had. Getting to Purdue and the NBA are great achievements but that doesn’t just remove all the trauma and issues he had from growing up. I’m guessing the pandemic really messed with him and he may have slipped back into some old habits from before he met Barnes. Hope he figures it out. 

I'm not going to minimize or put my feet in his shoes...but then again I've never had size 18 feet (or whatever) been  6'10 or whatever and been afforded scholarships to play sports and get a free education and a chance to earn a spot in the nba or professionally over seas. I'm just 6'1 and moderately athletic unlike him. I believe God gives us all talents in this life. Thus we all have certain "privileges". I was privileged to be born with two loving parents (one who showed me how to work hard and another how to love selflessly), in a good Christian household, and the ability to use my brain and study. God gave this young man a body and ability to do something special with it....and I'm sure some other talents as well and hopefully he will discover them. All of us have our struggles. Some of us were picked on for being small....some for being big or fat. Some had an alcoholic father or mother was gone working all the time. Some illness geez we all have it because this world is sick and dying and not as it was intended. I symphathize but our choices are all that is our own. Who and where we are born etc is not...but when we get to the point where we can make decisions on our own is where we distinguish ourselves. I feel awful one of his great talents has been wasted...and hope he is able to look within and find more in himself then the road that he is headed down. There is still a future for him and I hope he finds his way.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I wonder if Isaac Haas is upset that Swanigan has embarrassed the university.  :coffee:

I'm sure he is appreciative the attention is of him for the moment. But as soon as the next big man recruit with a funny double entendre or whatever comes along...he will be brought back to his rightful place!

44 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I can say that the work ethic (at least when he was at Purdue) was unlike anything I’d ever seen. After games, he’d be on the elliptical or in the weight room. I think it’s possible there are some mental health things going on that are impacting him and stuff from his past that are still causing issues. I couldn’t imagine growing up like he did and that stuff doesn’t just go away because you got to the NBA. Regardless, I hope he figures things out. 

Sorry to hear that. Not to derail the topic but marijuana probably not the best for people with mental health issues. Been a long linkage between the two...that said hard to believe which studies to go off of because everytime I point/post anything scientific there is a debate amongst studies etc. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

The kid was dealt an awful hand in life, he overcame it for a little while at least. I'm rooting for him to overcome it again.

I hope that those making fun of him would at least read this article about his upbringing.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/18523734/purdue-caleb-swanigan-overcoming-obesity-homelessness-become-big-nba-prospect

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

12 minutes ago, Shooter said:

The kid was dealt an awful hand in life, he overcame it for a little while at least. I'm rooting for him to overcome it again.

I hope that those making fun of him would at least read this article about his upbringing.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/18523734/purdue-caleb-swanigan-overcoming-obesity-homelessness-become-big-nba-prospect

Both of my comments were directed at Purdue, not Caleb.

• Like 1