Purdoobie

2 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Wow...no time for that much weed. Lucky for him. Hope he uses that treatment he is ordered to get to his full advantage. 

EDIT....WOW that picture of him in court...it's one thing to hear 400lbs but man he looks beyond that. Crazy the difference from playing days a few short years ago. Clearly help is needed and his basketball days are long behind him now. Praying for that young man!

6 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

So there's his chance...

It would seem to me that after what he witnessed growing up he'd take this opportunity to change...Maybe basketball isn't an option, but he has college credits, so do something with that...Help kids that are growing up like he did...They'll look up to a former college star...Be a part pf the solution, not a part of the problem...

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

So there's his chance...

It would seem to me that after what he witnessed growing up he'd take this opportunity to change...Maybe basketball isn't an option, but he has college credits, so do something with that...Help kids that are growing up like he did...They'll look up to a former college star...Be a part pf the solution, not a part of the problem...

Pretty sure he got his degree IIRC. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shooter said:

The kid was dealt an awful hand in life, he overcame it for a little while at least. I'm rooting for him to overcome it again.

I hope that those making fun of him would at least read this article about his upbringing.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/18523734/purdue-caleb-swanigan-overcoming-obesity-homelessness-become-big-nba-prospect

Meh, don't play that PC bs with me.  The kid got a chance, that is a helluva lot more than most in the same situation.  I ain't gonna cry over someone winning the lottery only to piss it away.

The kid f'ed up.  Pure and simple.    What the hell was he doing with 3 1/2 pounds of it?  Bad upbringing?  Just a casual user?   What would this board's reaction be if say TJD got caught with that amount?  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

48 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

He's only 23-4 right? Has he been injured? That's pretty young to completely give up playing unless he's been injured. So you'd rather play the weed game than play BB overseas? 

Not sure but from the picture in the article of him in court...he looks closer to 500lbs then 400...jmo. I don't think he is ever playing again. Not sure what took him to that place but a wasted op for sure.

5 hours ago, rico said:

Meh, don't play that PC bs with me.  The kid got a chance, that is a helluva lot more than most in the same situation.  I ain't gonna cry over someone winning the lottery only to piss it away.

The kid f'ed up.  Pure and simple.    What the hell was he doing with 3 1/2 pounds of it?  Bad upbringing?  Just a casual user?   What would this board's reaction be if say TJD got caught with that amount?  

PC? What are you talking about? He committed a crime and now will serve his punishment, that's fair. 

I'm curious, did you read the article? Caleb's story is being born into absolute shit, getting an opportunity and working his tail off to pull himself out of that situation, and now relapsing. Ha ha, I guess? Do you laugh when alcoholics relapse too?

Caleb Swanigan = Jay Edwards.

Both had enough talent to make a living playing basketball. Both couldn’t overcome their addiction to make it work. Both were/are tragedies.

Let it be. Pray for them both to find peace in their lives. Pray that they both can forgive themselves and move forward to become productive citizens who can help others learn from their actions 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Shooter said:

PC? What are you talking about? He committed a crime and now will serve his punishment, that's fair. 

I'm curious, did you read the article? Caleb's story is being born into absolute shit, getting an opportunity and working his tail off to pull himself out of that situation, and now relapsing. Ha ha, I guess? Do you laugh when alcoholics relapse too?

Not laughing at the guy, just don't feel sorry for him.  He got a reprieve from his childhood when a successful man(Rosie) adopted him.  That was second chance #1.  And he just got second chance #2 with the light sentence the judge gave him in Columbia City.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, rico said:

Not laughing at the guy, just don't feel sorry for him.  He got a reprieve from his childhood when a successful man(Rosie) adopted him.  That was second chance #1.  And he just got second chance #2 with the light sentence the judge gave him in Columbia City.

Yep it gets to a point that you have to take responsibility for your own life, he isn't the only person to ever have a rough upbringing. And like you said it's not like he hasn't gotten chances in life since his childhood. With this light sentence lets see if it affects how he moves on in life, does he think he can get away with anything now since there is no consequences to his actions or does he grow up.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We are just so blessed living here in America. Some way more than others but to look across the globe in general even our most impoverished and those that grow up in the hardest of neighborhoods and conditions are way better than so very much of the rest of the world. My church takes mission trips to help build housing for those in El Salvador during the day and go feed homeless at night in the city there along with handing out the gospel. I plan to take my daughter for a mission trip Lord willing when she is ready so she can see first hand the opportunities afforded her and to learn to love those less fortunate. All that said parents are sending their kids with known drug cartels and sex runners to just get their kids here to have a chance to live in this great country of opportunity. Think about how bad that must be to put your child through that at the hope of something better. It is far from perfect but the opportunity to make a good life for oneself in one or two short generations is beyond what they could achieve any other place in the world. The opportunities afforded us in this country no matter how poor we think we have it, how oppressed, or how much we think we have to overcome is still the dream of so many in the world. No they don't come to live in poverty but they know that even starting there with nothing, being hated sometimes, not speaking the language, and to suffer through such horrible conditions it is worth it because the opportunity to lift your life and your family and future is possible here. This young man has had a lifetime of hardship and obstacles and yet also vastly great opportunities that many will never be offered. No need to compare one's suffering and pain...we all just hope he gets the help he needs but also realizes how precious those opportunities are because he has been afforded more than many and makes the most of what God has afforded him. Perhaps there are things he couldn't control...but he is a grown educated man...it's his decision what he does next. 🙏

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dgambill said:

We are just so blessed living here in America. Some way more than others but to look across the globe in general even our most impoverished and those that grow up in the hardest of neighborhoods and conditions are way better than so very much of the rest of the world. My church takes mission trips to help build housing for those in El Salvador during the day and go feed homeless at night in the city there along with handing out the gospel. I plan to take my daughter for a mission trip Lord willing when she is ready so she can see first hand the opportunities afforded her and to learn to love those less fortunate. All that said parents are sending their kids with known drug cartels and sex runners to just get their kids here to have a chance to live in this great country of opportunity. Think about how bad that must be to put your child through that at the hope of something better. It is far from perfect but the opportunity to make a good life for oneself in one or two short generations is beyond what they could achieve any other place in the world. The opportunities afforded us in this country no matter how poor we think we have it, how oppressed, or how much we think we have to overcome is still the dream of so many in the world. No they don't come to live in poverty but they know that even starting there with nothing, being hated sometimes, not speaking the language, and to suffer through such horrible conditions it is worth it because the opportunity to lift your life and your family and future is possible here. This young man has had a lifetime of hardship and obstacles and yet also vastly great opportunities that many will never be offered. No need to compare one's suffering and pain...we all just hope he gets the help he needs but also realizes how precious those opportunities are because he has been afforded more than many and makes the most of what God has afforded him. Perhaps there are things he couldn't control...but he is a grown educated man...it's his decision what he does next. 🙏

This just might be the best thread hi-jacking I have ever "witnessed."  I need a shot of whiskey and a toke.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, BDB said:

I thought this was a new designer dog breed.  

I thought it was a Rolling Stones song:

All this chitter-chatter, chitter-chatter, chitter-chatter 'bout
Shmatta, shmatta, shmatta, I can't give it away on 7th Avenue (Purdoobie,  shattered)
This town's been wearing tatters, uh-huh
Purdoobie, shattered

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

If you have to be famous on the internet for something...it might as well be linked to rico lol 🤣

LOL...I forgot about the real possibilities of internet bots crawling this site.  Not that it matters, but I would assume that is why "Purdoobie" shows up on a Google search.  It also shows up on a Bing search.  Maybe one of our "geeks" can explain it better than I can. 

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, rico said:

LOL...I forgot about the real possibilities of internet bots crawling this site.  Not that it matters, but I would assume that is why "Purdoobie" shows up on a Google search.  It also shows up on a Bing search.  Maybe one of our "geeks" can explain it better than I can. 

If you had titled it Purdoobie-doobie-doo, you probably would have been contacted by copyright lawyers and the site would have been shut down again. 

• Haha 3