Purdoobie

On 5/17/2021 at 5:03 PM, dgambill said:

Not sure but from the picture in the article of him in court...he looks closer to 500lbs then 400...jmo. I don't think he is ever playing again. Not sure what took him to that place but a wasted op for sure.

Worked with a guy 6'9 and somewhere around this weight.  His F250 leaned when he drove.  Fist bigger than my outstretched hand.

• Like 1

On 5/17/2021 at 11:52 AM, Shooter said:

The kid was dealt an awful hand in life, he overcame it for a little while at least. I'm rooting for him to overcome it again.

I hope that those making fun of him would at least read this article about his upbringing.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/18523734/purdue-caleb-swanigan-overcoming-obesity-homelessness-become-big-nba-prospect

He did make $5.2 million in his short time in the NBA. Guess he squandered it already?

image.png.6ebd7bc6fbe326e7f8e70ef6850cb50d.png

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/s/swanica01.html#all_all_salaries

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

52 minutes ago, cybergates said:

He did make $5.2 million in his short time in the NBA. Guess he squandered it already?

I don't know about squandering it all...hell, if he is as smart as Purdue fans think he is I am sure he invested wisely...

Edited by rico
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, cybergates said:

After taxes and some bad purchases (maybe million dollar+ house and cars) that money would be gone pretty quickly. All these guys should have money managers, but $5.2 million isn't a lot per se if you are spending it like you are a millionaire. This is a nice chunk of change to live well but not over spend. You could live off the interest if invested sensibly. My "friend" works for a bank that does loans for athletes and the number one thing they do even before they get their first check is buy an expensive house for themselves or family. By the time they get paid they're already in debt. They really need to understand their careers only last a few years but that money needs to last a lifetime. 

Edited by OGIUAndy
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, OGIUAndy said:

After taxes and some bad purchases (maybe million dollar+ house and cars) that money would be gone pretty quickly. All these guys should have money managers, but $5.2 million isn't a lot per se if you are spending it like you are a millionaire. This is a nice chunk of change to live well but not over spend. You could live off the interest if invested sensibly. 

I would presume that was the falling out with his adoptive Father?  

11 hours ago, cybergates said:

If half went to taxes he needed a new agent and/or CPA. I'm one and never had a client pay 50% effective tax rate and there a probably hundreds of thousands of CPAs who know more than me 

but it's hard to write off inventory expenses, in some states, when your inventory came from a cartel. ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 5/19/2021 at 3:24 PM, OGIUAndy said:

My "friend" works for a bank that does loans for athletes and the number one thing they do even before they get their first check is buy an expensive house for themselves or family. By the time they get paid they're already in debt. They really need to understand their careers only last a few years but that money needs to last a lifetime. 

Especially guys who get traded a few times. You hear about athletes in financial trouble who owned $1 million+ houses in every city where they played. Those houses aren’t always easy to unload and when those babies eat, they eat big

Our govt. loves to ruin peoples lives over something trivial like pot which is now legal in many places.  Our govt. like to start drug wars and steal taxpayer money to pay for it.  Taxpayers have to pay for those in prison for marijuana.  I'd rather not pay those taxes.  The closer I get to retirement, the more and more buying a place to live in Arequipa makes sense to get out of this now violent country and live in peace. Swanigan is getting a bad deal here and should be left be.  

4 hours ago, ATX_sig said:

Swanigan is getting a bad deal here and should be left be.  

Umm no he isn't getting a bad deal here and no he shouldn't be left alone. Until the pot laws are changed in Indiana he broke the law. He actually got off pretty easy and should be grateful.

Now should the pot laws be changed in this state? Yeah they probably should be but they aren't, and until they are how about people try following them.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ATX_sig said:

Our govt. loves to ruin peoples lives over something trivial like pot which is now legal in many places.  Our govt. like to start drug wars and steal taxpayer money to pay for it.  Taxpayers have to pay for those in prison for marijuana.  I'd rather not pay those taxes.  The closer I get to retirement, the more and more buying a place to live in Arequipa makes sense to get out of this now violent country and live in peace. Swanigan is getting a bad deal here and should be left be.  

Tell us how you really feel!  LOL

I get morphing Biggie's drug arrest into the legalization of weed.  But taxes prisons, violence, and Peru have me lost.

• Like 1