Archie's Future

Archie wasn't a good roi.  There has certainly become a disdain for the amount of money he made.  I'm guessing none of us are banking north of a million a year.  If so congratulations, send me a pm, I'd like to know your secrets.  His style was blah.  His personality wouldn't have been a problem if he won.  It's really that simple.  The piling on otherwise reeks of this modern day movement of hate the rich and has for some time.  I'm probably guilty too but I prefer quality time with my family over the riches of this world.  

I'm on record here saying that any of us had we chosen to slave ourselves out for free as student managers could have made it in some capacity as coaches.  Our athletic director is prime example.  Along with FCTC.

8 hours ago, go_iu_bb said:

My issue is with your comment which made it sound like it was an altruistic choice on his part to coach for IU and therefore he shouldn't be criticized. It wasn't an unselfish, charitable decision on his part to take the job. He was paid and paid well to take the job then proceeded to do a terrible job. Criticism comes with the territory and most of the criticism here is fair doesn't even seem very extreme.

Besides, it's not as though he'll read these forums and have his feelings hurt. If he does, he can confirm himself with the $20M+ he got from IU for 4 years of poor results.

Just because you liked him doesn't mean he's above criticism. If he didn't want criticism here should've done a better job.

The point is there is some criticism most people are ok with. It's when it goes beyond job performance type of criticism and it seems the poster has a personal issue with Archie, his work ethics, or his morality, we, as IU fans, should be better than that.  

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, IUaic said:

The point is there is some criticism most people are ok with. It's when it goes beyond job performance type of criticism and it seems the poster has a personal issue with Archie, his work ethics, or his morality, we, as IU fans, should be better than that.  

right.  i am not saying he was a great coach for us.  not by any means.  i just don't have any disdain toward him.  i don't believe that he didn't work hard and try his best.  i don't believe he didn't want to be at IU.  i hope he does well elsewhere, but i don't really care much to be honest.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

I'm guessing none of us are banking north of a million a year. 

I pay more than that in alimony.  Which is why i have a second job as a test subject at a secret governmental lab.  It's amazing what the right mix of chemicals can do to your body and mind.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, NCHoosier32 said:

right.  i am not saying he was a great coach for us.  not by any means.  i just don't have any disdain toward him.  i don't believe that he didn't work hard and try his best.  i don't believe he didn't want to be at IU.  i hope he does well elsewhere, but i don't really care much to be honest.  

Always remember, the Dayton fans hated to lose him...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

I pay more than that in alimony.  Which is why i have a second job as a test subject at a secret governmental lab.  It's amazing what the right mix of chemicals can do to your body and mind.

Are you going to become GovernmentCheese incarnate?

On 5/19/2021 at 8:39 PM, Steubenhoosier said:

Understand… but frankly neither you, nor I know what CAM was up against when he tried to build his roster. 

It’s easy, no lazy, to simply infer that CAM was over his head in taking the IU job . Regardless of the consensus, he had to overcome injuries as well as a global pandemic. How many other “new “ coaches had to navigate the last 2 years in the fishbowl that is IU basketball? Name me one coach who was trying to rebuild a program at a basketball school under the circumstances CAM dealt with the last two years.

Don’t get me wrong. I am ecstatic with where we are going under HCMW. Just don’t understand the need to lower ourselves to the depths of the UK’s of the world just because we can 

Every coach deals with Injuries and every coach dealt with the pandemic.  Good coaches deal with the/it in an effective manner. Archie did not.  

• Like 1