Next 5 games

madmax

about 50-50 VBG !! If IU was playing at Illinois tomorrow night instead of playing Penn State AT HOME , my crystal ball says Illinois would win 78 to 72 !! However , it also says that could change in IU's favor depending on how Both IU and ILLINOIS do in their other games leading up to that game on January 24 , 2018 ??????

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I'll honestly be disappointed with a home loss during this stretch, so for me, 3-2 is the floor.  

In a normal season I feel like these are 3 home games we should win, especially given that Maryland is without Jackson and their back-up big. This season has been anything but normal. 

6 minutes ago, BGleas said:

In a normal season I feel like these are 3 home games we should win, especially given that Maryland is without Jackson and their back-up big. This season has been anything but normal. 

I watched them play Iowa last night and they have a couple bigs but they are not as good as Jackson.  Their PG is likes to take it to the whole though and finishes well.

7 hours ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

The four non-MSU games are virtual toss ups. He only likes us to beat Northwestern. 1-4. 

That's pretty interesting. I think this will be another example of how KenPom's predictors are flawed. Not saying it couldn't happen, but 1-4 would be about as bad as bad can be, and this after a road win.

Quite a few people suggesting that 4-1 is a realistic possibility. Oh what a B10 road win can do for our collective psyche. :)

If that were to happen we would be at 12-8 with 9 games remaining in B10 play, if my math is correct. A spot in the tournament would necessarily be completely out of the picture, depending on how we fare down the stretch. Would likely need to win a few in the B10 tourney, which as we all know, almost never happens.

14 minutes ago, madmax said:

Quite a few people suggesting that 4-1 is a realistic possibility. Oh what a B10 road win can do for our collective psyche. :)

If that were to happen we would be at 12-8 with 9 games remaining in B10 play, if my math is correct. A spot in the tournament would necessarily be completely out of the picture, depending on how we fare down the stretch. Would likely need to win a few in the B10 tourney, which as we all know, almost never happens.

Actually, 4-1 would make us 13-8.  

16 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

This post pretty much somes up our team this year.

Yep. Why I described them as an EKG graph(not sure if this the right terminology, but whatever). Up and down. Just when you think you've got it figured out, a ND or IPFW happens.

1 hour ago, hoosiertildeath said:

about 50-50 VBG !! If IU was playing at Illinois tomorrow night instead of playing Penn State AT HOME , my crystal ball says Illinois would win 78 to 72 !! However , it also says that could change in IU's favor depending on how Both IU and ILLINOIS do in their other games leading up to that game on January 24 , 2018 ??????

I have a coin that boasts the same acuracy

18 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Let's be real. 0-5 is on the table. Pretending that isn't possible is silly. But as far as what I think will happen, I'll say 2-3.

It's possible, in the sense that anything is possible.. But I'd say the odds of that happening are under 1%.

Archived