2023 PG Jeremy Fears Commits to Michigan State

16 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:
"To be honest we just kind of liked Indiana from the jump, even before they started recruiting us.”

"It was a great conversation, he even knows about my son (Jeremiah) right after Jeremy,” Fears, Sr. said."

Woody and staff are doing their homework... 

• Like 5

19 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

This kid profiles as my favorite type of guard.  I’m going to watch this recruitment with great interest!  Fingers crossed.  

Me too. I'm within a half hour of him and will watch for some games this fall as long as there is still IU interest.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Remember the Luke Brown next Steve Nash stuff lol...

No I don't, but not surprised. Those video makers are always doing that to get people's attention. When watching that Fears video I was like how can you even rank/project a kid that young.

Edited by cybergates
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, cybergates said:

No I don't, but not surprised. Those video makers are always doing that to get people's attention. When watching that Fears video I was like how can you even rank/project a kid that young.

Yep...it was a bit silly. Then they fill these kids heads with all sorts of crazy stuff about how great they are. Not sure how healthy that is.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, dgambill said:

Yep...it was a bit silly. Then they fill these kids heads with all sorts of crazy stuff about how great they are. Not sure how healthy that is.

No doubt.

Is Jeremiah playing up a year or two?  He looked really young/and really short compared to most of the other guards on the floor.

That being said, he looks good...nice stroke and good handles for his level.  Plays with a lot of confidence and moxie.  Hopefully he harnesses that stuff positively and doesn't end up like the youngest Gordon brother, who looked awesome in jr. high only to fade away in high school to the point of not even being on IU's radar at the end.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

No doubt.

Is Jeremiah playing up a year or two?  He looked really young/and really short compared to most of the other guards on the floor.

That being said, he looks good...nice stroke and good handles for his level.  Plays with a lot of confidence and moxie.  Hopefully he harnesses that stuff positively and doesn't end up like the youngest Gordon brother, who looked awesome in jr. high only to fade away in high school to the point of not even being on IU's radar at the end.

This stuff is pretty silly. That Luke Brown video was ridiculous. It's encouraging dumb stuff. You can be a total baller at that level purely because you have more experience or grow earlier than the other kids. Not that they will not succeed, but I have seen plenty of "can't miss" 7th graders meet their match once the reach a certain level. Fancy dribbling and passing will only get you so far. I am not hating on these guys, but the innocence of these kids is being stripped away earlier and earlier these days, but it's the times we live in and isn't going away. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

On campus, saw where we haven't formally offered yet but he's still visiting, says how much he is interested in IU imo without a standing offer

Be shocked if he didn't get one by the end of the visit...that said I guess he is a 23 kid....but we are going to need multiple pgs out of the next couple classes.

• Like 2

• KDB changed the title to 2023 PG Jeremy Fears Commits to Michigan State