2023 PG Jeremy Fears Commits to Michigan State

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, dgambill said:

No doubt. He said they have a better campus then he thought….hmmm that’s the best you got after all the raving they did about IU? I’m shaking in my boots.

"I thought all they had in Iowa was cornfields, but I actually saw a wheat field."

• Haha 6

• 1 month later...

Quick, shifty, next-level passer... yes please.  After Clowney, Fears has got to be our next #1 priority recruit in my opinion.

Don't mean to sell Kaleb Glenn short (I hope we get him too), but everything starts at PG and IU's current/committed PG's are all unlikely to stay more than two years (including Lander).  I think by the end of the season Lander will have either established himself as the 5 star NBA bound player he was projected to become (or at least headed in that direction) or he will transfer for a change of scenery.  My hope is we have him for 2 more seasons and he becomes a 1st Round pick.   Obviously time will tell for Bates and Hood-Schifino but I don't think I need to comment on their current trajectories. 

In case anyone is questioning my classification of Bates or Hood-Schifino as PGs, I should add that I don't consider the guy who brings the ball up the court or guards the other team's "PG" to be the PG.  For me it's whoever is directing the offense in a half-court set and I expect it to be these two guys if Lander doesn't establish himself.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, olsontex said:

Quick, shifty, next-level passer... yes please.  After Clowney, Fears has got to be our next #1 priority recruit in my opinion.

Don't mean to sell Kaleb Glenn short (I hope we get him too), but everything starts at PG and IU's current/committed PG's are all unlikely to stay more than two years (including Lander).  I think by the end of the season Lander will have either established himself as the 5 star NBA bound player he was projected to become (or at least headed in that direction) or he will transfer for a change of scenery.  My hope is we have him for 2 more seasons and he becomes a 1st Round pick.   Obviously time will tell for Bates and Hood-Schifino but I don't think I need to comment on their current trajectories. 

In case anyone is questioning my classification of Bates or Hood-Schifino as PGs, I should add that I don't consider the guy who brings the ball up the court or guards the other team's "PG" to be the PG.  For me it's whoever is directing the offense in a half-court set and I expect it to be these two guys if Lander doesn't establish himself.

I think people are a bit on edge about Lander’s PT in the bahamas but shouldnt necessarily be. He had to of known going into this year hed be competing for PG minutes with 2 senior PG’s. Also it was just an exhibition game, you can read into some but cant make for sure conclusions about it. Him and JHS can easily spilt time at PG. I know the transfer portal is scary to some but i think he knew this was all coming. 

• 2 weeks later...